For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
MrHitch's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, July 4th, 2014 11:35 PM

Frustrated & Confused

I'm very confused and frustrated with getting information on starting an internet service thru AT&T.  I have a string of emails from one AT&T agent that provided a detailed plan and costs and now won't return my emails.  I've also talked with another agent of AT&T and he spent over 1/2 hour of my life explaining the costs and benefits of the AT&T internet and then told me he couldn't help me because I'm a "business" account...this I told him up front.  This is frustrating and confusing and has been very time consuming.  This is my last ditch effort to investigate getting an internet service through AT&T.  I believe the first agent I talked with via email was a valid offer which I got approved for expenditure but now there isn't any return correspondence. Please advise...I have the names of the agents.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I have been using ATT internet for long time. Many times frustrated like you.  I really do not have other place to get internet.

For me, e-mail to ATT never work.  I plan ahead and gave myself about two hours time. Make sure my telephone is fully charged and with unlimited airtime. When  received DSL or U-Verse installation kit, it should work in 48 hours. It never did. It take longer, about 72 hours. You always need their tech people's help. The tech people work on regular hours, India time. They are not 24/7. Only when you talk to tech people, you internet will start. Then you will be fine for long time until you switch to some other ATT 's internet program. Then you start over, again same 2 hours with tech people.

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Hello @MrHitch 

I apologize for any confusion and issues you're experiencing while trying to set up your Internet service. We can help you with that! Please send us a private message by clicking here with your full name, contact number and the best time you can be reached, and one of our managers will contact you as soon as possible to assist.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.