marlinpg's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Wednesday, October 17th, 2012 10:04 PM

Do I rate web storage space?

When I signed up for AT&T DSL service, I forgot to inquire about how much storage is available to upload files?  This is something that I've taken for granted since the days of dial up.  When I asked a tech support guy what the URL was to access it (my guess would be username.home.att.net) and the FTP server name, ID, and password, he assured me there was no such thing.  Another tech rep thought I was talking about customizing att.net as my home page.  When it was obvious she didn't have a clue, I thanked her and said good by.

The correct acronym may be PWS (personal web space or storage).

So what is the story?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Scholar

• 

187 Messages

11 years ago

"Beginning September 12, 2012, you can no longer create a new Personal webpage. We will continue to support existing pages."

More info here:  AT&T Personal webpage

So unless you already have personal web pages (PWP), you are out of luck.  I moved my websites to KVC Hosting 2 years ago and have been very satisfied with their service.

Former Moderator

• 

773 Messages

11 years ago

marlinpg,

Here is some info for online storage from ATT.  Hope this helps and was what you were looking for.

ATT Locker

James

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks for replying.  I don't believe this is what I had in mind.  I just want space where I can upload my own home page that can be accessed directly from a browser, e.g., blahBlahBlah.net.  I didn't see any mention of this or a ftp server address.

As I said orginally, this is something i took for granted based on my experiences with dial up and cable ISP's.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

11 years ago

PS.  As an example, this is the URL for my homepage at comcast, which for some reason seems to be still available, at least from my machine.

http://marlinpg.home.comcast.net/

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.