Ask a question

Posted Oct 17, 2012
    3:04:30 PM
    Do I rate web storage space?

When I signed up for AT&T DSL service, I forgot to inquire about how much storage is available to upload files?  This is something that I've taken for granted since the days of dial up.  When I asked a tech support guy what the URL was to access it (my guess would be username.home.att.net) and the FTP server name, ID, and password, he assured me there was no such thing.  Another tech rep thought I was talking about customizing att.net as my home page.  When it was obvious she didn't have a clue, I thanked her and said good by.

The correct acronym may be PWS (personal web space or storage).

So what is the story?

(0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Solved
    Nov 20, 2012 4:08:32 AM
    (0)
    Scholar

"Beginning September 12, 2012, you can no longer create a new Personal webpage. We will continue to support existing pages."

More info here:  AT&T Personal webpage

So unless you already have personal web pages (PWP), you are out of luck.  I moved my websites to KVC Hosting 2 years ago and have been very satisfied with their service.

Accepted Solution

Do I rate web storage space?

4 replies
    (0) Me too
    (0) Me too
    View all replies
    (4)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Nov 15, 2012 10:01:11 AM
    (0)

marlinpg,

Here is some info for online storage from ATT.  Hope this helps and was what you were looking for.

ATT Locker

James

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: Do I rate web storage space?

2 of 5 (1,935 Views)
    Highlighted
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Nov 19, 2012 9:57:07 AM
    (0)
    Tutor

Thanks for replying.  I don't believe this is what I had in mind.  I just want space where I can upload my own home page that can be accessed directly from a browser, e.g., blahBlahBlah.net.  I didn't see any mention of this or a ftp server address.

As I said orginally, this is something i took for granted based on my experiences with dial up and cable ISP's.

3 of 5 (1,891 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Nov 19, 2012 10:08:02 AM
    (0)
    Tutor

PS.  As an example, this is the URL for my homepage at comcast, which for some reason seems to be still available, at least from my machine.

http://marlinpg.home.comcast.net/

4 of 5 (1,888 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Solved
    Nov 20, 2012 4:08:32 AM
    (0)
    Scholar

"Beginning September 12, 2012, you can no longer create a new Personal webpage. We will continue to support existing pages."

More info here:  AT&T Personal webpage

So unless you already have personal web pages (PWP), you are out of luck.  I moved my websites to KVC Hosting 2 years ago and have been very satisfied with their service.

PWP (Personal Web Pages)

5 of 5 (1,874 Views)
    Solution