For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Aaron4Real's profile

Teacher

• 

26 Messages

Thursday, March 26th, 2015 11:01 PM

DSL Internet Help Please

I recently moved and found out theres no internet services in my area except for at&t. At&t u verse doesnt go down my road and stops at the stop sign at the beginging of my road, im 2 houses down and a tech said i could be eldgeable for DSL internet. Well when i talked to someone to get it set up they aais bassed on my address i cant have U verse or DSL only dial up. Well i recently discovered a Copper cable line box and it says BellSouth fiber optic cable and or Copper wire, Well the box is at the corner of my property and is maybe 200-300 ft away from my house. I cancan't seem to get anyone who can give me a awnser of if the copper cable is DSL cause my neighbor has u verse or DSL cause the WiFi connection. Is BellSouth coper cable used for DSL so I don't have to get Dial Up

Teacher

• 

26 Messages

9 years ago

Here is a picture of the BellSouth box at the corner of my property

http://m.imgur.com/pm1i73t

Teacher

• 

26 Messages

9 years ago

Any one please help?

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

9 years ago

Hello @Aaron4Real 

You may want to contact the AT&T Customer Care team to see if they can see what's up.

Click the link below to message them:

https://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

Include the following in your message:

- Name

- Address

- Address of homes nearby that have service(state whether DSL or U-verse)

- A phone number and email for contact if needed

- A detailed description of what's going on

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

they are obvesly not gonna help you, seems the whole forum is the same reply over and over and trying to push there overpriced wireless garbage that no1 is interested in. just go with hughes or excede although they arent great it is better than trying to talk to people and getting nowhere.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.