For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
lrosenman's profile

Mentor

• 

58 Messages

Thursday, December 12th, 2013 5:03 PM

Wireless/Passthrough?

I just ordered GigaPower.  Will I be able to turn OFF the NAT/Router/Wireless  of your gateway and pass through to my Cisco EA4500 which is MUCH more powerful radio wise for my house?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

1.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi Irosenman,

You can definitely do a router behind router setup through a passthrough mode. Here's a useful post from another community member that gives detailed instructions on how to do it. 

Hope this helps.

-David T

Mentor

• 

58 Messages

10 years ago

Thank You!  I figured there was a way 🙂 

Appreciate the fast response.  Now, to see when y'all are coming out to visit with the install 🙂 

Community Support

• 

1.7K Messages

10 years ago

Glad I could help. Also, we have a great tool, the Troubleshoot & Resolve Tool, which will be able to help with common issues, but it actually can check on your order status too.

-David T

Mentor

• 

58 Messages

10 years ago

Installer coming on Saturday AM.  This will be fun to be one of the first with GigaPower.

Congrats to ATT on getting this out, and surprising me with availability.

Initially y'all said my neighborhood would NOT be in the initial roll-out, but apparently realized we're a upscale new fiber neighborhood.

Yay!

Mentor

• 

58 Messages

10 years ago

Got everything set up, and found out the EA4500 is too underpowered for GigaPower.  Set up a new ASUS RT-AC68U using the above instructions and we're running great.  

THANKS for the help. 

I love it. 

Former Community Manager

• 

10.4K Messages

10 years ago

Thank you for stopping by to give us an update! I'm glad you're liking it so far.

Dmitriy

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.