Get superfast AT&T Fiber internet
MyBrainHz's profile

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

Sunday, January 12th, 2014 8:04 PM

At wit's end trying to get Uverse install completed

Is there anyone that can help my finalize my Uverse install on our new construction home? This process has been brutal. I've been promised four different install dates at this point, and have been without internet in this home for two and a half months. A timeline:

10/31/13: Call to place order for Uverse TV and Internet. There is a "facility issue" and my order can not be placed at this time.

11/26: Get email from AT&T saying your address now qualifies for Uverse. Hooray! I call to set up install. Sorry, nope, just kidding, facility issue. No ETA on a fix.

Around 12/10: I call to check on status. It will be a few weeks before they can get the facility issue fixed. Projected date 12/24. At this point my status is escalated to highest priority, blah blah blah.

12/22: I get call from AT&T. Whoops, sorry, we're running behind, make that 12/27.

12/27: Oh hey, there's a facility issue in my area. Can't install, sorry. No ETA on a fix.

1/10: I call to check on status. Good news, says AT&T, the facility issue has been fixed! I place order, install confirmed for 1/13.

At this point, it's been so long since I placed my original order that Gigapower has become available in my area. Tired of talking to AT&T on the phone, I drop by my local AT&T corporate store yesterday to discuss switching over to Gigapower. To do this, we have to place a separate order. No problem, the store guy says, it shouldn't add more than a day or two of delay to your install.

1/11: I get an email from AT&T. Can you call us? We have a question about your account. I call. You have 2 orders open, sir, do you want Gigapower or 18Mps Uverse? Obviously, Gigapower. Phone agent cancels my old order, and goes off to schedule the Gigapower install. After several minutes on hold, she comes back. Sir? The earliest install I have for you will be 1/27. WHAT? WHY? Well, there's a facility issue in your area.

AAAAAAAAARGGGGGGGGHHHHHH

I've called AT&T many times, I've gone to the local AT&T store, I've tried online chat, I've tried Twitter support. Is there ANYONE in this company that can get service installed at our house without giving us the run around? Is there any reason I shouldn't switch to Google Fiber or TWC at the first opportunity? What on earth is happening here?

Employee

• 

581 Messages

10 years ago

Hello MyBrainHz,

I'm sorry about the experience you are having to get U-verse installed. I can help you investigate the delay and ensure your installation is completed. I sent you a private message to continue to assist you.

SadathCS
ATTU-verseCare

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

Update: I happened to catch the fiber splicing tech in my neighborhood this morning. We looked through his CAD plans for the neighborhood, and my house was marked off as being completed. He said he would call his office right away to make sure our address would be released for install. Does this change anything?\

EDIT: I've just been able to change my install date via your online form from 1/27 to tomorrow, 1/13. Hopefully it will actually happen this time.

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

10 years ago

Unfortunately, moving your scheduled install date around is a sure way to get things screwed up.

If you haven't returned Sadath's PM already, I'd suggest you do that ASAP.

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks, I did. No additional response from Sadath yet.

EDIT: Looks like we may be squared away here, due to response from Sadath and a few other AT&T reps. Fingers crossed that tomorrow is actually install day!

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

Aaaaaaand AT&T no showed on me, and is telling me there's a facility issue so they can't installl. Meanwhile, two of neighbors had Uverse installed last night. There are three AT&T trucks on my street today. This is unbelievable.

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

10 years ago

Thank you for the update MyBrainHz,

We are investigating the delay with the Field Managers in your area. We apologize about the tech not showing up. I will provide you with an update as soon as we know more information.

SadathCS
ATTU-verseCare

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

I spent a couple of hours over the course of this morning/afternoon with a couple of very helpful AT&T folks that happened to be in my neighborhood - a fiber tech and a Uverse installer. Both of them tried to escalate the issue via their channels, without much luck, DESPITE the fact that they EXACTLY what needs to be done to fix the problem. They just can't do anything until AT&T release the hold in the system.

Things that need to happen:

1) drop needs to be made from platform across the street to my house. It's about 250 feet of fiber.

2) that drop must then be spliced

3) Then a uverse tech can do the install

I've got people at my house RIGHT NOW who could do steps 2 and 3 - and they helped figure out the drop issue in the first place - and we're all stuck because the original installer this morning didn't so much as knock on my door. I've lost a day's worth of work to this mess, and God knows how many hours on the phone with customer service.

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

Still nothing happening on the install front as far as I can tell, although I did get offered a $30 credit off my first bill yesterday. Oh, how we laughed.

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

Just so everyone knows, SadathCS is working really hard behind the scenes to help with this. He's one of two people, out of literally dozens of AT&T staff that I have had contact with, who is making a real effort to help.

That said, I still have no internet, and several of my neighbors do.

Teacher

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

As of tonight, it's installed! For internet, I'm getting 300 Mbps down and 200 Mbps up (upload varies depending on which server I test against). And of course they installed TV as well. So glad this ordeal is over. Big thanks go out to SadathCS, without whom I'm certain this wouldn't have been resolved.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.