AT&T Digital Life

AT&T Digital Life

[ Edited ]

Is anyone using this service yet?

Message 1 of 105 (35,628 Views)
Teacher

Re: AT&T Digital Life

Yes the primary communication is cellular. I don't know why someone would say its an accurate statement. Primary is cellular and internet is backup.

Message 61 of 105 (3,230 Views)
Teacher

[ Edited ]

Although cameras do run over the internet. Now the slow upload or not, it could boil down to your router and your upload speed on your end. There will always be delay as it is done over the internet. I don't work on these forums but I do have people that can probably get more information on this chirp issue and if I have update I will update this thread. I won't post if it sounds like iffy info though but if my buddies can get me some concrete info I will sure update it. If its a know issue I am sure they are working to resolve it, after all this is a security system if it doesn't pass testing they won't release it. I will also find out about the new keypad. I am looking to get the system too and was looking for some feedback on it.

Although low chirp issue is not a big deal as I was planning on doing all kinds of notifications when the front and back door and any other entry point is opened to the house.

Message 62 of 105 (3,230 Views)
ACE - Scholar

Yes I just had it installed and I love it!  2 Techs about 5 hours.  Tech 1 was the master installer, Tech 2 was the "tech/IT" guy.  They both had about 10 years expereince but less than a year with ATT DL.  The install of the sensors, garage controller, keypad, motion etc and DCL was bout 2 hours and about 2 hours to program it.  They took only a couple of 5 minute breaks.  Super professional and knew exactly what to do.  The DL works exactly as it is marketed and exactly how I thought it would work!  Super happy

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 63 of 105 (3,048 Views)
Employee

The reason for the long install and number of people is that it required licensed electicians to install the electronic automation portion of the service.  Same for any package that requires specialized, licensed people on site.  The text messages confirm when each component is connected as the whole thing is primarily wireless.  Your previous system could be disabled by cutting outside cables where the current one cannot.  Try this: the first wireless command like moving your camera has a noticable delay.  Try a second action after that and time it.  Subsequent actions are much faster.  The first request is like hitting "dial' on a mobile phone- those first few rings, sometimes 3 of them, arent actually happening but are there to let you know the connection is in progress. Your new system works over 3G primarily, and your initial connection takes longer than subsequent ones.  Whats odd is I found your post looking for help turning the volume of the beeping on the keypad down.  I have a light sleeper in the house and the beeping can be heard all over a fairly sprawling ranch style home.  I hope sincce your post things have settled in and you like it as much as I do, and I hope this input helps.  Any automation takes time and people to install, the first connection will take a few seconds, subseqent ones are faster, and you are safer now that your system will work normal for about a day even if your phone and power are cut.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 64 of 105 (2,791 Views)
Employee

That is accurate.  The primary connection is cellular and uses your required broadband only as a backup.  This is safer than something that requires hardwire power and connection as those can be cut by a determined theif.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 65 of 105 (2,793 Views)
Employee

There is now an automated garage door opener available with the door package which you have.  Is the email you receive promotional items the same as the one used to register your service?  You should unsubscribe at the bottom of the email (I did) and also try a service like "daily rollup" which I couldnt live without.  It puts all of those kinds of emails into a "digest" daily and also includes a one-click unsubscribe feature for any of the items in your daily rollup. Note, I am an AT&T employee and I am posting as an individual and not on behalf of AT&T. My views may not represent those of AT&T. The daily rollup is something I came across online about a year ago and I refer it to people regularly.  Just do a google search for "daily rollup" and try it out.  I think you can add the automated door opener at any time and it might even be a self install option, but is worth a call.  Ive been looking around here trying to find if anyone has been able to reduce the volume of the beeping on the keypad.  Unliike some others, it is too loud for my household.

Employee Contributor*
Message 66 of 105 (2,796 Views)
Employee

The keypad chirp in my household is too loud.  Ive been reading looking for a way to turn it down not up.  Some of the older posts referred to it being too quiet which I can say as of 5/14 it is not quiet. 

Employee Contributor*
Message 67 of 105 (2,800 Views)
Employee

Forgot two things: the initial connection to the camera from the app has a longer delay than subsequent ones.  The primary connection is cellular so it takes a moment.  After that first connection is made other ones execute more quickly.  If you find a way to turn down the chirp can you please reply?  I keep reading but I am not seeing that anywhere. Note, I am an AT&T employee and I am participating in this community as a consumer, not an employee, and my views are my own and may not reflect those of AT&T. In other words, Im looking for answers and sharing experiences as myself just like the rest of you. If you find a way to turn down the beeping please let me know! Thanks!

Employee Contributor*
Message 68 of 105 (2,802 Views)
ACE - Scholar

The garage controller is simple to install and I love it!

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 69 of 105 (2,802 Views)
Teacher

I'm thinking of ordering the garage controller....are there any installation instructions online or do you have any suggestions?

Thanks

Message 70 of 105 (2,626 Views)
ACE - Scholar

It goes between the push button and garage motor. Super easy and I love mine. Open and close from the app makes it great.
Message 71 of 105 (2,621 Views)
Teacher

Hey Rans does sound easy and I'm fairly handy. Going to order one. Thanks for your quick response as sometimes people forget to come back after their initial visit. I'm loving my Dlife.
Message 72 of 105 (2,574 Views)
ACE - Scholar

I had spoken with Cox, ADT and Home Depot (Do it yourselfer) and by far DL had the best pricing and best service options.  I paid less ordering the equipment from DL than I would if I purchased direct through Home Depot etc.  I got free pro install so even better.  Just 2 yrs on the contract makes it a no brainer!  Their customer service is exceptional.  I had a few issues and immediatly fixed it.  

Message 73 of 105 (2,573 Views)
Contributor

I'm getting DL installed in my new home.

I have an outside camera in the package and I notice it had wireless antena and an ethernet port. Can this be hard wired? If so, where does it hard wire to? The RG? Or the DL "brain"?

Second question. Are the cameras "view only"? Or do they have a record feature?

Message 74 of 105 (2,505 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Scholar

The only camera that is not hard wired is the Indoor Multi-View camera.  Others are to be mounted and hard wired.  The Multi-view can go anywhere.  I have all the equipment except for the camera's.  I do not suggest adding camera, rather add a stand alone wi-fi camera that can record anytime/all the time and has good cloud storage.  These cameras really only record when needed (Buglary, door open) and then they will stop recoding after 2 minutes.  

Message 75 of 105 (2,499 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Digital Life Forum! Utilize our community to research our product, ask questions and gain knowledge with helpful tips from our customers and videos.