AT&T Digital Life

AT&T Digital Life

[ Edited ]

Is anyone using this service yet?

Message 1 of 105 (35,633 Views)
Tutor

Re: AT&T Digital Life

Is there still a low chirp issue as well as delay on the arm and disarm function? I signed up today and was hoping to have a update on any of the issues. Thanks!

Message 31 of 105 (5,463 Views)
Teacher

@ Loooom35 -- Regarding Low Chirp

[ Edited ]

L0000m35 wrote:

Is there still a low chirp issue as well as delay on the arm and disarm function? I signed up today and was hoping to have a update on any of the issues. Thanks!

I ordered mine online last week and posed the question and they said it was/being looked at.  They were a little cagey.  So we shall see, I should know tomorrow?  I'll update on that.  I also understand that there is a new screen keypad coming sometime after March and will probably have a charge to swap out with what is being installed now.  Unfortunately, I could not wait as it's a new house and won't be living in it for the next 3 or so months.  Hoping the charge to swap will be minimal.  Bummer.

Message 32 of 105 (5,396 Views)
Tutor

Awesome thanks. If you wouldn't mind posting a update after your conversation with customer support I would appreciate it.
Message 33 of 105 (5,354 Views)
Teacher

Updates and Info on New Install on 2/18/2014             

I created a new topic specific to my Digital Life experience.  I have an update there after the install today and not too good news on the chirp bolume.

Good Luck

Message 34 of 105 (5,318 Views)

Just had our service installed yesterday.

Our experiece with 1 exception very similar to postings.  Took 10+ hours to install.  The 'network' is a little slow to respond.  AT&T was by far the low cost option, for our home which previously had ADT service, and AT&T did a 'take over'.

The one exception.  I didn't see anyone speaking of smoke alarms on this board - which is a major issue with AT&T.   Our installer and their managers with whom I spoke stated repeatedly, 'AT&T cannot be your primary smoke / fire alarm system'.  They are fine being a back up system.  I strongly encourange anyone thinking about AT&T consult with the Installation department - not the sales department - before signing up for service.  We were fortunate, at each of our locations where we have detection we had 1 'wired and monitored' alarm and 1 battery powered alarm with a siren that is not monitored or tied into the alarm system.  The work around for us was we had to designate the battery powered / non-monitored smokes our 'primary' system and the new AT&T wireless units that tie into the network our backup.  Silly semantics, but was a deal breaker.  We were very close to terminating the install.

Very happy with system now that we surmounted the 'smoke alarm issue' and it is installed.       

Message 35 of 105 (5,159 Views)
Highlighted
Teacher

Thanks for the update.

Message 36 of 105 (5,115 Views)
Contributor

I switched from ADT to ATT Digital Life and do I every REGRET doing so. I have holes in my wall from the installation, cameras that won't work and the ones that do, I have very slow access to them. I can't arm my alarm from my phone any longer as well. When I spoke to the Customer Service Agent (Agent NH543H) he told me that ATT was in the baby start up phase and they are working on everyone's issue and make corrections as soon as possible. I told him that I was not happy being a guinea pig and I wanted my full refund and the alarm removed from my house. He agreed to do so, which was a releif for me. I get to go back to my old ADT plan

Message 37 of 105 (4,585 Views)

Do you have some kind of disability?

Message 38 of 105 (4,459 Views)

ADT is hideous in customer service and product costs.Good luck with them. 

Message 39 of 105 (4,460 Views)

Think about all the bad customer service from the call center to the service techs and the other hijinks that makes them what they are.

Message 40 of 105 (4,462 Views)

Trust me all wireless cameras have those delays whethers ATT or Adt.Its traveling thru the air to a tower and back.

Message 41 of 105 (4,466 Views)

Was the att or adt install a fiasco.

Message 42 of 105 (4,467 Views)

The smoke detector issue is because unlike most alarm companies ATT respects the codes.The alarm company can not be primary fire.Its backup only.On any low voltage smoke detector its says not a life protection device. Its like how suppliments makers cannot say a suppliment can cure a disease.

Message 43 of 105 (4,464 Views)

Sounds like someone cutting their teeth went there.
Message 44 of 105 (4,464 Views)
Tutor

betrodesign,

I recently had Digital Life installed in my home and had a very pleasant experience. The installer was great and everything worked like promised. The functionality of the system really impressed me once the tech began showing me all the things I can program and setup. I've been enjoying DL with no issues for several weeks now and love my system.

Now, to respond to your specific question regarding the notification chirp from the keypad...

Unfortunately, as for the chirp from the keypad to alert you of the doors/windows opening and closing, well it is still NOT corrected as of March 2014. /// To AT&T, this is not rocket science, fix this chirp thing if you want to retain customers! For me it is not a deal breaker, but to others, it is important! There has been numerous complaints on these forums providing great feedback to AT&T describing the issue but nothing done to correct yet. My proposal - replace the outdated looking keypad with a touchscreen keypad that is nicer asthetically to look at and put a chirping bell inside that can actually be heard! This issue is not new, I've seen posts from almost a year ago on this topic. It's time to fix this issue. So, all you AT&T moderators who read my post, please pass this on to the Digital Life R&D team and demand a solution!

Cheers,

Mike

Message 45 of 105 (4,394 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Digital Life Forum! Utilize our community to research our product, ask questions and gain knowledge with helpful tips from our customers and videos.