Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted May 31, 2013
9:42:16 PM
upgrade to hd dvr

I currently have a SD DVR receiver, model R16-500, and have thinking about upgrading to an HD DVR for my new HDTV.  Would I need new dishes for the HD DVR receiver?  I also have standard SD receivers (not DVR) on two other TV's.  They are connected to older sets and I have no need to upgrade them to DVR or HD at this time.  Can I keep the SD receivers?  Could I install the new HD DVR myself, or would that require a tech coming to my house?

In an unrelated note, when I logged on to DIRECTV.COM, under MY EQUIPMENT, I see that my current three recievers are listed as disconnected, but they are obviously not, as I continue to receive DIRECTV on all three set.  What's up with that?

I currently have a SD DVR receiver, model R16-500, and have thinking about upgrading to an HD DVR for my new HDTV.  Would I need new dishes for the HD DVR receiver?  I also have standard SD receivers (not DVR) on two other TV's.  They are connected to older sets and I have no need to upgrade them to DVR or HD at this time.  Can I keep the SD receivers?  Could I install the new HD DVR myself, or would that require a tech coming to my house?

In an unrelated note, when I logged on to DIRECTV.COM, under MY EQUIPMENT, I see that my current three recievers are listed as disconnected, but they are obviously not, as I continue to receive DIRECTV on all three set.  What's up with that?

upgrade to hd dvr

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 1, 2013 12:23:56 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

1. Most likely, yes, you would need a new HD-capable Slimline satellite dish.

2. What model numbers are those other SD Receivers?   

3. Since you'll likely need a new dish, you should call DirecTV and let them come upgrade and install everything. 

4. You'll have to call DirecTV for questions about your account and equipment status.  

1. Most likely, yes, you would need a new HD-capable Slimline satellite dish.

2. What model numbers are those other SD Receivers?   

3. Since you'll likely need a new dish, you should call DirecTV and let them come upgrade and install everything. 

4. You'll have to call DirecTV for questions about your account and equipment status.  

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: upgrade to hd dvr

2 of 2 (43 Views)