Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

Questions about your Smartphone data usage? Please join us here for a live “Ask an Expert” event on Wednesday, August 24th from 1-5 pm ET / 10am-2pm PT.

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Jan 16, 2014
11:37:51 AM
View profile
screen saver

The screen saver comes on while watching live TV, I lose picture and sound.

I defy anyone to show me a need for a screen saver on a HD television. You could leave a still picture on for 10 years and it will not burn. That went out with CRTs and some very early Plasmas. It is just a source of trouble, and has been ever since they put it in.

The screen saver comes on while watching live TV, I lose picture and sound.

I defy anyone to show me a need for a screen saver on a HD television. You could leave a still picture on for 10 years and it will not burn. That went out with CRTs and some very early Plasmas. It is just a source of trouble, and has been ever since they put it in.

screen saver

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 16, 2014 11:51:46 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

While burn in does not affect LED or LCDs it still affects plasmas TVs

While burn in does not affect LED or LCDs it still affects plasmas TVs

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: screen saver

2 of 3 (23 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 16, 2014 2:15:39 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Screen saver should NOT come on while you're watching TV.   What model DVR/Receiver do you  have?  

Screen saver should NOT come on while you're watching TV.   What model DVR/Receiver do you  have?  

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: screen saver

3 of 3 (23 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments