Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Community

Posted Oct 21, 2013
11:32:28 AM
View profile
do I need HD service to check if my dish can even receive HD signals?

Do I need HD service before I can even check to see if my dish can receive HD signals?  I'm in the 21131 zip code.  iPhone app seems to indicate that I can receive them, but they don't show up with any strength when I try to set it up.

Do I need HD service before I can even check to see if my dish can receive HD signals?  I'm in the 21131 zip code.  iPhone app seems to indicate that I can receive them, but they don't show up with any strength when I try to set it up.

do I need HD service to check if my dish can even receive HD signals?

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 21, 2013 1:50:43 PM
(0)
Expert

Setting up a HD dish can be a challenging exercise.  Consider this.  Order HD service from Directv.  If the installer can't get a good signal, you have no obligation or cost.

Setting up a HD dish can be a challenging exercise.  Consider this.  Order HD service from Directv.  If the installer can't get a good signal, you have no obligation or cost.

Re: do I need HD service to check if my dish can even receive HD signals?

2 of 4 (1 View)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 21, 2013 2:21:33 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

If you are getting good signals on the 101 chances are you can get HD without any issues.

If you are getting good signals on the 101 chances are you can get HD without any issues.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 4 (1 View)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 29, 2013 7:44:45 PM
(0)
Professor

http://hr20.dbstalk.com/docs/Dish,%20Multiswitch%20and%20Cable%20FAQ.pdf will give you a lot of information about different dishes and help you identify which dish you have now.  Let us know what you have now and we can tell you if it is capable of getting HD.

http://hr20.dbstalk.com/docs/Dish,%20Multiswitch%20and%20Cable%20FAQ.pdf will give you a lot of information about different dishes and help you identify which dish you have now.  Let us know what you have now and we can tell you if it is capable of getting HD.

4 of 4 (1 View)