Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Jun 18, 2014
9:45:14 AM
View profile
Why do I have To Be Announced on my list

Hi,

I'm new here. I keep seeing the words "To Be Announced" on my list. I can't see what shows or movies or games are playing. Why is this happening? It has been couple of days now. However, yesterday I reset my DVR, then it was setting up and after that it showed Software download. If I wanted to download the software later I would have to click the continue button to get back to my show. I just let it download. Then everything seemed back to normal. I wasn't seeing any "To Be Announced". Now it's back to being "To Be Announced" about almost every channel except for the local stations. The software download came up again but still seeing the "To Be Announced" on my list. I saw some post already saying it takes up to 10 days to get things back. If this is true, why and why would it take that long?

Hi,

I'm new here. I keep seeing the words "To Be Announced" on my list. I can't see what shows or movies or games are playing. Why is this happening? It has been couple of days now. However, yesterday I reset my DVR, then it was setting up and after that it showed Software download. If I wanted to download the software later I would have to click the continue button to get back to my show. I just let it download. Then everything seemed back to normal. I wasn't seeing any "To Be Announced". Now it's back to being "To Be Announced" about almost every channel except for the local stations. The software download came up again but still seeing the "To Be Announced" on my list. I saw some post already saying it takes up to 10 days to get things back. If this is true, why and why would it take that long?

Why do I have To Be Announced on my list

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2014 10:07:14 AM
(0)
Expert

When a DVR is reset, a good portion of the "guide" is flushed and replenishes itself over the next day or so.  If a DVR is reset twice within a 30 minute period, the guide is flushed pretty much completely and it takes longer to rebuild.  If neither of these situations fit you, then we need to look deeper.  One common cause of incomplete guide data is having the wrong dish data in the setup menu.  What model is your DVR?

When a DVR is reset, a good portion of the "guide" is flushed and replenishes itself over the next day or so.  If a DVR is reset twice within a 30 minute period, the guide is flushed pretty much completely and it takes longer to rebuild.  If neither of these situations fit you, then we need to look deeper.  One common cause of incomplete guide data is having the wrong dish data in the setup menu.  What model is your DVR?

Re: Why do I have To Be Announced on my list

2 of 5 (33 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2014 11:21:51 AM
(0)
Tutor

R22.

R22.

3 of 5 (33 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 18, 2014 5:23:30 PM
(0)
Employee

What type of dish do you have?

What type of dish do you have?

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 5 (33 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 26, 2014 1:20:17 PM
(0)
Tutor

Directv. Thanks again. My list seems ok now. I did the 30 min period and it worked.

Directv. Thanks again. My list seems ok now. I did the 30 min period and it worked.

5 of 5 (33 Views)