Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Jan 26, 2014
10:42:41 AM
View profile
WCIA Audio problems

Recently WCIA HD in Champaign IL has been having audio garbled and the picture breaks up on the bottom of screen, any one else having this trouble?

Recently WCIA HD in Champaign IL has been having audio garbled and the picture breaks up on the bottom of screen, any one else having this trouble?

WCIA Audio problems

16 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(16)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 26, 2014 12:32:54 PM
(0)
Expert

What is the model number of your receiver.  You'll find it inside the card door.

What is the model number of your receiver.  You'll find it inside the card door.

Re: WCIA Audio problems

2 of 17 (34 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 26, 2014 12:41:05 PM
(0)
Teacher

My receiver is a H21/200.

My receiver is a H21/200.

3 of 17 (34 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 26, 2014 12:44:19 PM
(0)
Expert

If all other channels are working properly then the problem is almost surely in the stations transmission.  You might give them a call and speak to the station engineer.

If all other channels are working properly then the problem is almost surely in the stations transmission.  You might give them a call and speak to the station engineer.

4 of 17 (34 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 26, 2014 12:54:37 PM
(0)
Teacher

Thank you for the reply. I will try to contact the station and ask them about it.

Greg

Thank you for the reply. I will try to contact the station and ask them about it.

Greg

5 of 17 (34 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 26, 2014 4:18:48 PM
(0)
Teacher

I'm having trouble too. It's intermittent. No snow or ice on the dish. It will pixelate and sound in and out. Other channels are fine.   Thanks

I'm having trouble too. It's intermittent. No snow or ice on the dish. It will pixelate and sound in and out. Other channels are fine.   Thanks

6 of 17 (34 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 26, 2014 6:16:30 PM
(0)
Teacher

I have sent WCIA Eng. dept. and email to ask them about the problem. I don't expect a reply until Monday. Thank You for letting me know that you are having the same problem with WCIA.

Greg

I have sent WCIA Eng. dept. and email to ask them about the problem. I don't expect a reply until Monday. Thank You for letting me know that you are having the same problem with WCIA.

Greg

7 of 17 (34 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 27, 2014 7:28:19 AM
(0)
Teacher

I just got a message about WCIA

"We have seen this problem many times in the past and it has always been the DirecTV receiver.  I will be speaking to them about it again this morning.  Thanks for letting us know."

Darren Martin

Chief Engineer

WCIA

Who's problem is it???

I just got a message about WCIA

"We have seen this problem many times in the past and it has always been the DirecTV receiver.  I will be speaking to them about it again this morning.  Thanks for letting us know."

Darren Martin

Chief Engineer

WCIA

Who's problem is it???

8 of 17 (34 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 27, 2014 8:12:42 AM
(0)
Teacher

No problem with my receiver. Why do all the other channels work? It was great having intermittent blackouts during the Grammys too.

Thanks

Charlie Francisco

No problem with my receiver. Why do all the other channels work? It was great having intermittent blackouts during the Grammys too.

Thanks

Charlie Francisco

9 of 17 (34 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 27, 2014 11:00:55 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

How can it be the DirecTV Receiver if it only happens on one channel???   99% of the time these problems are caused by issues with the local station's feed to DirecTV, or DirecTV's retransmission of their feed. 

How can it be the DirecTV Receiver if it only happens on one channel???   99% of the time these problems are caused by issues with the local station's feed to DirecTV, or DirecTV's retransmission of their feed. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

10 of 17 (34 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 27, 2014 11:59:30 AM
(0)
Teacher

Agreed. It blacked out a couple of times during the Grammys and then

seemed to be ok. I haven't checked today.

Thanks

Charlie

On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 1:01 PM, litzdog911 <

Agreed. It blacked out a couple of times during the Grammys and then

seemed to be ok. I haven't checked today.

Thanks

Charlie

On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 1:01 PM, litzdog911 <

11 of 17 (34 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 28, 2014 5:56:29 AM
(0)
Teacher

I talked to DIRECTV on Monday and they said it was a problem with WCIA. As of today I am no longer having the problem whatever it was has been resolved. Lets hope it stays that way. I have to agree that when it's just one channel its not the receiver.

I talked to DIRECTV on Monday and they said it was a problem with WCIA. As of today I am no longer having the problem whatever it was has been resolved. Lets hope it stays that way. I have to agree that when it's just one channel its not the receiver.

12 of 17 (34 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 28, 2014 7:44:32 AM
(0)
Teacher

Thanks. I didn't notice it last night but watched the Sopranos!

Charlie

Thanks. I didn't notice it last night but watched the Sopranos!

Charlie

13 of 17 (34 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 30, 2014 11:34:21 AM
(0)
Teacher

This problem has been cleared up. WCIA must have fixed it.

This problem has been cleared up. WCIA must have fixed it.

14 of 17 (34 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 30, 2014 12:43:27 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Great to hear. Thanks for the update.

Great to hear. Thanks for the update.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

15 of 17 (34 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 30, 2014 4:23:50 PM
(0)
Administrator

This is an ongoing problem with the feed from this region, not just WCIA.  It was supposed to be fixed, due to equipment failure last year, but WCIA may have had some issues on their own with their network Feed.

Most times it is a T5 connection from the stations to the uplink for DirecTV, to the Birds.  You have Router, modem, Switch issues, Card at the Telephone Central Office.  Anywhere between the transmission point, to the receiver, it can cause issues that will affect what we see, when we get the feed from our providers.

This is an ongoing problem with the feed from this region, not just WCIA.  It was supposed to be fixed, due to equipment failure last year, but WCIA may have had some issues on their own with their network Feed.

Most times it is a T5 connection from the stations to the uplink for DirecTV, to the Birds.  You have Router, modem, Switch issues, Card at the Telephone Central Office.  Anywhere between the transmission point, to the receiver, it can cause issues that will affect what we see, when we get the feed from our providers.

16 of 17 (34 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 30, 2014 5:05:16 PM
(0)
Teacher

Thanks for that info, the problem seems to be fixed for now.

Thanks for that info, the problem seems to be fixed for now.

17 of 17 (34 Views)