Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Jan 20, 2014
11:18:18 AM
View profile
Streaming LIVE TV wirelessly to my Smart TV in my workshop.

Hi there,

Is it possible to view LIVE TV on a Smart TV in my workshop?

I have the whole home package but I have a workshop that I cannot run a cable to from the house.

In the workshop I have wireless connectivity, iMAC and a Samsung Smart TV. The iMAC is connected to the TV via HDMI.

I would like to be able to watch TV (especially the Superbowl) in my workshop. Is there a DirecTV solution? If not, is there a 3rd party solution? i.e. Chromecast.

I know I can watch on Demand stuff but I am specifically asking about LIVE TV.

Thanks

Tony

Hi there,

Is it possible to view LIVE TV on a Smart TV in my workshop?

I have the whole home package but I have a workshop that I cannot run a cable to from the house.

In the workshop I have wireless connectivity, iMAC and a Samsung Smart TV. The iMAC is connected to the TV via HDMI.

I would like to be able to watch TV (especially the Superbowl) in my workshop. Is there a DirecTV solution? If not, is there a 3rd party solution? i.e. Chromecast.

I know I can watch on Demand stuff but I am specifically asking about LIVE TV.

Thanks

Tony

Streaming LIVE TV wirelessly to my Smart TV in my workshop.

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 20, 2014 11:49:30 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

To even have a remote chance, you would need a Genie DVR

To even have a remote chance, you would need a Genie DVR

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Streaming LIVE TV wirelessly to my Smart TV in my workshop.

2 of 4 (526 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 20, 2014 12:01:09 PM
(0)
Tutor

Hi there,

I do have a Genie with 3 "mini" genies :-) in each of my rooms..

Thanks

Hi there,

I do have a Genie with 3 "mini" genies :-) in each of my rooms..

Thanks

3 of 4 (526 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 20, 2014 1:41:29 PM
(0)
Expert

Directv is currently doing field tests of the wireless Client.  Not sure when they will be available for national release but that would provide a signal from the Genie to the Client via Wi-Fi.

Solid Signal's Hands on Review: DIRECTV C41W Wireless Genie Client - The Solid Signal Blog

Directv is currently doing field tests of the wireless Client.  Not sure when they will be available for national release but that would provide a signal from the Genie to the Client via Wi-Fi.

Solid Signal's Hands on Review: DIRECTV C41W Wireless Genie Client - The Solid Signal Blog

4 of 4 (526 Views)