Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forums

Posted Apr 10, 2014
10:59:29 AM
OSD "Remote Control Programming is Limited to five unique Brands per Month. Only one attempt left"

Genie system with C41 mini, Proscan LCD TV, and RC71 remote. At the C41 location I recieved this OSD

"Remote Control Programming is Limited to five unique Brands per month. You have one attempt left."

The format of the OSD is the same as all of DIRECTVs OSDs yet I have never seen this one before. I was unable to find a code for the RC71 to control the TV. After the 4th attempt that is what appeared. Any ideas?

Genie system with C41 mini, Proscan LCD TV, and RC71 remote. At the C41 location I recieved this OSD

"Remote Control Programming is Limited to five unique Brands per month. You have one attempt left."

The format of the OSD is the same as all of DIRECTVs OSDs yet I have never seen this one before. I was unable to find a code for the RC71 to control the TV. After the 4th attempt that is what appeared. Any ideas?

OSD "Remote Control Programming is Limited to five unique Brands per Month. Only one attempt left"

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 10, 2014 11:51:29 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

did you take a picture?  cause I have never seen anything like this before

did you take a picture?  cause I have never seen anything like this before

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: OSD "Remote Control Programming is Limited to five unique Brands per Month. Only one attempt left"

2 of 3 (25 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 10, 2014 12:06:46 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

I would love to see a picture of that display.  First time I've heard of any sort limitation like this.

I would love to see a picture of that display.  First time I've heard of any sort limitation like this.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: OSD "Remote Control Programming is Limited to five unique Brands per Month. Only one attempt left"

3 of 3 (25 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments