Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Community

Posted Oct 11, 2013
3:55:21 PM
Missing SD Channels

Hello -

I've noticed that the HD channels are more sensitive to weather interference than the SD channels.  So, when there is interference on an HD channel, I switch to the SD channel and it often works.  However, recently the SD channels have disappeared from the guide.  I go into settings, and select the option so the guide will show both HD and SD channels, but almost no SD channels show up.  If I select the option to just show SD channels, I get the same thing.  It is as though my receiver does not receive the SD channels at all.  Is there way to fix this?

TIA

Hello -

I've noticed that the HD channels are more sensitive to weather interference than the SD channels.  So, when there is interference on an HD channel, I switch to the SD channel and it often works.  However, recently the SD channels have disappeared from the guide.  I go into settings, and select the option so the guide will show both HD and SD channels, but almost no SD channels show up.  If I select the option to just show SD channels, I get the same thing.  It is as though my receiver does not receive the SD channels at all.  Is there way to fix this?

TIA

(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Oct 11, 2013 5:21:43 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

If the SD channels are not in the guide, this is NOTHING to do with signal strength or alignment. You will see the channels in the guide even if there is no signal at all.

To the OP, have you set your guide to "all channels", sounds like you might have a custom guide displayed.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Accepted Solution

Missing SD Channels

11 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(11)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 11, 2013 4:12:15 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

what model of receiver do you have. look for the model number inside the access card door.. 

what model of receiver do you have. look for the model number inside the access card door.. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Missing SD Channels

2 of 12 (12 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 11, 2013 4:16:44 PM
(0)
Teacher

This one is an HR24-200.

This one is an HR24-200.

3 of 12 (12 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 11, 2013 4:26:06 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Go to the MENU -> DISPLAY SETTINGS and make sure "show SD duplicates" is selected

Go to the MENU -> DISPLAY SETTINGS and make sure "show SD duplicates" is selected

4 of 12 (12 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 11, 2013 4:55:49 PM
(0)
Teacher

Thanks.  It is.  It's set to 'Show All Channels.'  But, no duplicates show.

Thanks.  It is.  It's set to 'Show All Channels.'  But, no duplicates show.

5 of 12 (12 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 11, 2013 5:06:05 PM
(0)
Mentor

It sounds like your satellite dish is not in good enough alignment to pickup the non hi def channels.

It sounds like your satellite dish is not in good enough alignment to pickup the non hi def channels.

6 of 12 (12 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 11, 2013 5:09:29 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

What's your zip code?

What's your zip code?

7 of 12 (12 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 11, 2013 5:11:25 PM
(0)
Teacher

8 of 12 (12 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 11, 2013 5:15:23 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

That would be almost impossible. If the OP is getting HD channels then the SD would be there

That would be almost impossible. If the OP is getting HD channels then the SD would be there

9 of 12 (12 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Solved
Oct 11, 2013 5:21:43 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

If the SD channels are not in the guide, this is NOTHING to do with signal strength or alignment. You will see the channels in the guide even if there is no signal at all.

To the OP, have you set your guide to "all channels", sounds like you might have a custom guide displayed.

10 of 12 (12 Views)
Solution
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 11, 2013 5:59:35 PM
(0)
Teacher

This is the answer.  Thank you!  I selected a custom guide and did not check the SD channels.

Thanks again

This is the answer.  Thank you!  I selected a custom guide and did not check the SD channels.

Thanks again

11 of 12 (12 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 11, 2013 6:22:29 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Glad we could solve your problem!  Can you mark the question as "answered"?

Glad we could solve your problem!  Can you mark the question as "answered"?

12 of 12 (12 Views)