Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Community

Posted Oct 16, 2013
4:18:17 PM
How can I connect the h25-700 receiver to the Internet and the features connecting to the Internet.

I really want to connect to the Internet and top see what this receiver can do if anyone can help I don't have a DVR by the way.

I really want to connect to the Internet and top see what this receiver can do if anyone can help I don't have a DVR by the way.

How can I connect the h25-700 receiver to the Internet and the features connecting to the Internet.

10 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(10)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 16, 2013 4:23:05 PM
(0)
Administrator

You would need a Deca to connect it to the router, for Internet.

You would need a Deca to connect it to the router, for Internet.

Re: How can I connect the h25-700 receiver to the Internet and the features connecting to the Internet.

2 of 11 (79 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 16, 2013 4:35:34 PM
(0)
Tutor

Is that all I would need and do you know if TV apps work on this model?

Is that all I would need and do you know if TV apps work on this model?

Re: How can I connect the h25-700 receiver to the Internet and the features connecting to the Internet.

3 of 11 (79 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 16, 2013 4:38:23 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

There is not much to gain by connecting an HD receiver to the internet.  All you get is TV apps.

and if you really want to connect it, you have to do it yourself as DirecTV wont do it for you.

There is not much to gain by connecting an HD receiver to the internet.  All you get is TV apps.

and if you really want to connect it, you have to do it yourself as DirecTV wont do it for you.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 11 (79 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 16, 2013 4:39:50 PM
(0)
Tutor

Thanks so much for tyne answer can you watch YouTube videos?

Thanks so much for tyne answer can you watch YouTube videos?

5 of 11 (79 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 16, 2013 4:43:03 PM
(0)
Administrator

This is what you need http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp?p=dcapr0-01&d=directv-cinema-connection-kit-w/-power-supply-(de...  I use a Netgear GS108 10/100/1000 switch for my network, which connects back to the 2-wire 3800hgv-b RG that I have with ATT U-Verse.  I have not see any issues with my setup, for my HR44 connected to the Internet.

Remember that the weakest link will be your switch or router, when you get the Deca connected.

This is what you need http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp?p=dcapr0-01&d=directv-cinema-connection-kit-w/-power-supply-(decabb1r0  I use a Netgear GS108 10/100/1000 switch for my network, which connects back to the 2-wire 3800hgv-b RG that I have with ATT U-Verse.  I have not see any issues with my setup, for my HR44 connected to the Internet.

Remember that the weakest link will be your switch or router, when you get the Deca connected.

6 of 11 (79 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 16, 2013 4:44:30 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Nope.  sorry

Nope.  sorry

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

7 of 11 (79 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 16, 2013 4:46:24 PM
(0)
Mentor

You can also order pay-per-view direct w/ your remote. TV apps works & the new interface is kinda kewl but IMHO they "broke" it by taking away the customizability  - hopefully that will be restored soon enough.

You can also order pay-per-view direct w/ your remote. TV apps works & the new interface is kinda kewl but IMHO they "broke" it by taking away the customizability  - hopefully that will be restored soon enough.

8 of 11 (79 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 16, 2013 4:46:26 PM
(0)
Tutor

All right Thank you both of you for your help you been very helpful

All right Thank you both of you for your help you been very helpful

9 of 11 (79 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 16, 2013 4:50:20 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

You are welcome.

If you think your question was resolved, please mark the question as "correct". Thanks!

You are welcome.

If you think your question was resolved, please mark the question as "correct". Thanks!

10 of 11 (79 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 17, 2013 8:12:19 AM
(0)
Expert

If you replace the H25 with a HD DVR or Genie, you'll get all sorts of neat Internet based features.  And, the installer will connect it to your router as p[art of the install.

If you replace the H25 with a HD DVR or Genie, you'll get all sorts of neat Internet based features.  And, the installer will connect it to your router as p[art of the install.

11 of 11 (79 Views)