Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Sep 30, 2013
11:59:42 AM
View profile
Homeland Season 3 Record Season

How do I record Homeland Season 3? I tried "Record Season", but it recorded the first episode of season 3 plus several season 2 episodes.

How do I record Homeland Season 3? I tried "Record Season", but it recorded the first episode of season 3 plus several season 2 episodes.

Homeland Season 3 Record Season

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 30, 2013 1:36:11 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

What model DVR do you have?  You probably need to edit that Series's Recording Option for "First Run Only". 

What model DVR do you have?  You probably need to edit that Series's Recording Option for "First Run Only". 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Homeland Season 3 Record Season

2 of 6 (41 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 30, 2013 2:35:42 PM
(0)
Mentor

LITZ,  I believe I can answer what happened.  I always watch Homeland and was anxious to see Sunday night premier,  and had programmed it about a week ago for the series.  About last Thursday,  I was checking to make sure I had something set to record on 1 of my DVR units and noticed that I had about a dozen Homelands set to record.  So, I wanted in and deleted the series and waited until late Friday and setup the series again with first run only.  About 10 that night as I was ready to head for bed,  I checked and I had about a dozen episodes setup again.  So,  waited until Sunday around 5 PM and was able to setup the series.  I am presuming the guide had them all considered as new,  but they were last season shows.

LITZ,  I believe I can answer what happened.  I always watch Homeland and was anxious to see Sunday night premier,  and had programmed it about a week ago for the series.  About last Thursday,  I was checking to make sure I had something set to record on 1 of my DVR units and noticed that I had about a dozen Homelands set to record.  So, I wanted in and deleted the series and waited until late Friday and setup the series again with first run only.  About 10 that night as I was ready to head for bed,  I checked and I had about a dozen episodes setup again.  So,  waited until Sunday around 5 PM and was able to setup the series.  I am presuming the guide had them all considered as new,  but they were last season shows.

3 of 6 (41 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 1, 2013 5:48:34 AM
(0)
Expert

Hmmmm, my Genie HR34 recorded only the season premier.  Nary an old episode recorded.

Hmmmm, my Genie HR34 recorded only the season premier.  Nary an old episode recorded.

4 of 6 (41 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 1, 2013 9:46:38 AM
(0)
Mentor

DCD,  U know these DVR units all have a mind of their own.  I have 3 and they all act different.

DCD,  U know these DVR units all have a mind of their own.  I have 3 and they all act different.

5 of 6 (41 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 1, 2013 10:41:51 AM
(0)
Expert

Actually, the DVR's all use a common brain, but a lot of different users set them up differently.

Actually, the DVR's all use a common brain, but a lot of different users set them up differently.

6 of 6 (41 Views)