Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Jan 16, 2014
4:56:11 PM
View profile
HD Picture Quality

I recently switched to a swm module (with power invertor) and the Genie network.  The HD picture quality is not as good as the old setup without the swm. Any suggestions to improve this condition?

I recently switched to a swm module (with power invertor) and the Genie network.  The HD picture quality is not as good as the old setup without the swm. Any suggestions to improve this condition?

HD Picture Quality

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 16, 2014 5:12:03 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Puzzling.  There's no technical reason why a SWM setup should have any effect on your video quality.  Tell us more about how your HDTV is connected to the DirecTV Receiver/DVR?  What model Receiver/DVR?  Do you have other HD Receivers/DVRs that you could swap with?  What channel(s)?

Puzzling.  There's no technical reason why a SWM setup should have any effect on your video quality.  Tell us more about how your HDTV is connected to the DirecTV Receiver/DVR?  What model Receiver/DVR?  Do you have other HD Receivers/DVRs that you could swap with?  What channel(s)?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: HD Picture Quality

2 of 7 (56 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 16, 2014 5:38:30 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

yup. puzzling in deed!   not sure what you have before but the Genie only work on SWM

yup. puzzling in deed!   not sure what you have before but the Genie only work on SWM

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 7 (56 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 17, 2014 3:40:36 AM
(0)
Expert

Is it possible you have the Genie's guide set to SD channels only?

Is it possible you have the Genie's guide set to SD channels only?

4 of 7 (56 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 17, 2014 10:04:26 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

or perhaps the wrong dish selected during satellite set up

or perhaps the wrong dish selected during satellite set up

5 of 7 (56 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 7, 2015 2:13:10 PM
(0)
Contributor

Hi peds48 - I'm not the OP, but how do I know what the correct dish is so I can check settings to see if the wrong dish was selected during satellite set up? Just curious. Thanks!

Hi peds48 - I'm not the OP, but how do I know what the correct dish is so I can check settings to see if the wrong dish was selected during satellite set up? Just curious. Thanks!

6 of 7 (56 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 7, 2015 2:22:22 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Please start a fresh post with your details

Please start a fresh post with your details

7 of 7 (56 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments