Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Jul 30, 2014
7:27:45 PM
View profile
Grey screen when switching channels

I remember having this issue a long time ago when I had Directv. I just got it back again and the same issue is back, every time I change the channel the screen goes grey for 2-3 seconds and then the channel comes up. I remember the fix before was going to TV Resolutions under settings and only checking off 1080i. I tried that and it didn't fix it this time around.

Anyone have a fix for it?

Thanks in advance!

I remember having this issue a long time ago when I had Directv. I just got it back again and the same issue is back, every time I change the channel the screen goes grey for 2-3 seconds and then the channel comes up. I remember the fix before was going to TV Resolutions under settings and only checking off 1080i. I tried that and it didn't fix it this time around.

Anyone have a fix for it?

Thanks in advance!

Grey screen when switching channels

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 30, 2014 7:57:15 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

What model of receiver do you have. look for the model number inside the access card door.. 

What model of receiver do you have. look for the model number inside the access card door.. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Grey screen when switching channels

2 of 3 (18 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 31, 2014 5:03:06 AM
(0)
Tutor

Thanks for your response, it happens with my 3 genie minis which are C41 (none of them are wireless). On the main box there is a slight lag but no grey screen.

Thanks for your response, it happens with my 3 genie minis which are C41 (none of them are wireless). On the main box there is a slight lag but no grey screen.

Re: Grey screen when switching channels

3 of 3 (18 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments