Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Jan 6, 2014
4:14:22 PM
Getting HD Without HD Cable Box

I previously had a old, big box type tv so obviously I also had the regular hd cable box with directv. For Christmas I received a new 40" HDTV, but am still stuck with the old cable box. Is there a way to get HD picture on my new tv without getting a new hd cable box, or am I stuck with the old type picture?

I previously had a old, big box type tv so obviously I also had the regular hd cable box with directv. For Christmas I received a new 40" HDTV, but am still stuck with the old cable box. Is there a way to get HD picture on my new tv without getting a new hd cable box, or am I stuck with the old type picture?

Getting HD Without HD Cable Box

9 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 6, 2014 4:19:29 PM
(0)
Professor

You can probably connect the TV with component (red, green, blue video and red/white for audio) cable.

What model is the HRDVR behind the access card door. 

You can probably connect the TV with component (red, green, blue video and red/white for audio) cable.

What model is the HRDVR behind the access card door. 

Re: Getting HD Without HD Cable Box

2 of 10 (74 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 6, 2014 4:25:24 PM
(0)
Tutor

On the back of the DIRECTV box there are the receiver ID and serial numbers, is that what you're asking about?

On the back of the DIRECTV box there are the receiver ID and serial numbers, is that what you're asking about?

3 of 10 (74 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 6, 2014 4:35:53 PM
(0)
Employee

What is the model of this receiver ?

What is the model of this receiver ?

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 10 (74 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 6, 2014 4:38:45 PM
(0)
Tutor

The receiver is D11/100

The receiver is D11/100

5 of 10 (74 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 6, 2014 4:41:19 PM
(0)
Employee

That receiver is not HD. Call DirecTV to see if you qualify for a free upgrade. You most likely need a new dish as well

That receiver is not HD. Call DirecTV to see if you qualify for a free upgrade. You most likely need a new dish as well

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

6 of 10 (74 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 6, 2014 4:43:58 PM
(0)
Tutor

That's what I figured. Thanks.

That's what I figured. Thanks.

7 of 10 (74 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 6, 2014 4:44:10 PM
(0)
Professor

Just saw your answer.

Just saw your answer.

8 of 10 (74 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 6, 2014 4:47:18 PM
(0)
Employee

You are welcome

You are welcome

9 of 10 (74 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 6, 2014 5:24:12 PM
(0)
Employee

**Click the "Helpful Answer" star on the left to say 'Thanks'**

***Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Correct' if it solves your problem.

**Click the "Helpful Answer" star on the left to say 'Thanks'**

***Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Correct' if it solves your problem.

10 of 10 (74 Views)