Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Jul 10, 2014
7:30:31 AM
Genie receiver not buffering while off - Suggestion

I have two HR24-200's and one Genie HR34-700. When the HR24s are "off" they will buffer whatever channel was last on. This is a very hand way of backing to watch a show. The Genie does not buffer while off. It would be great if it could and did.

I have two HR24-200's and one Genie HR34-700. When the HR24s are "off" they will buffer whatever channel was last on. This is a very hand way of backing to watch a show. The Genie does not buffer while off. It would be great if it could and did.

Genie receiver not buffering while off - Suggestion

4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 10, 2014 7:58:00 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

The Genie does not buffer when off.  That is by designed.  Work around is to record the show and set to keep 1

The Genie does not buffer when off.  That is by designed.  Work around is to record the show and set to keep 1

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Genie receiver not buffering while off - Suggestion

2 of 5 (11 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 10, 2014 8:35:48 AM
(0)
Tutor

I understand that is how it is designed. My question is it possible to change the design?

I understand that is how it is designed. My question is it possible to change the design?

3 of 5 (11 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 10, 2014 9:19:57 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

DirecTV doesn't seem to consider this a "bug", so it's unlikely they'll change the design.  But be sure to email your request directly to them because they likely won't see it here.

DirecTV doesn't seem to consider this a "bug", so it's unlikely they'll change the design.  But be sure to email your request directly to them because they likely won't see it here.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 5 (11 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 10, 2014 11:29:55 AM
(0)
Scholar

Like Litz says it's by design. It's supposedly because of how the genie has to handle the tuners and such for the clients so that is why it doesn't.

Like Litz says it's by design. It's supposedly because of how the genie has to handle the tuners and such for the clients so that is why it doesn't.

5 of 5 (11 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments