Ask a question
Search in DIRECTV Forums

DIRECTV Forum

Posted Feb 2, 2014
11:35:21 AM
View profile
Fox isn't in HD

Last night, I watched one of my recorded shows that was on Fox. I noticed it was not very good picture quality. I thought if I reset my receiver it would be fine, but it still is not in HD. It is just Fox not any other channel on my tv, and this just started Friday which is when the recorded show came on. It was fine earlier in the week. What is going on? The Super Bowl is on tonight, and I won't be able to watch in HD unless I get this fixed.

Last night, I watched one of my recorded shows that was on Fox. I noticed it was not very good picture quality. I thought if I reset my receiver it would be fine, but it still is not in HD. It is just Fox not any other channel on my tv, and this just started Friday which is when the recorded show came on. It was fine earlier in the week. What is going on? The Super Bowl is on tonight, and I won't be able to watch in HD unless I get this fixed.

Fox isn't in HD

8 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 2, 2014 11:48:43 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

what model of receiver do you have. look for the model number inside the access card door..

How is this receiver connected to your TV?

on the front panel, what is the resolution LED on?

what model of receiver do you have. look for the model number inside the access card door..

How is this receiver connected to your TV?

on the front panel, what is the resolution LED on?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: Fox isn't in HD

2 of 9 (18 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 2, 2014 1:00:16 PM
(0)
Contributor

It is model number HR24--500. i checked the other televisions in the house, and this channel is like this on all of them. I'm just using a standard HDMI cable on this one. It is on 1080i on the front of the receiver.

Thanks!

It is model number HR24--500. i checked the other televisions in the house, and this channel is like this on all of them. I'm just using a standard HDMI cable on this one. It is on 1080i on the front of the receiver.

Thanks!

3 of 9 (18 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 2, 2014 2:34:49 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

How does it looks when watching live?

Where are you located?

How does it looks when watching live?

Where are you located?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 9 (18 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 2, 2014 4:59:34 PM
(0)
Contributor

It is the same. Pretty bad quality. Don't know what's going on. I'm in Alabama.

It is the same. Pretty bad quality. Don't know what's going on. I'm in Alabama.

5 of 9 (18 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 2, 2014 6:17:15 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

What's your zip code?

What's your zip code?

6 of 9 (18 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 2, 2014 7:45:12 PM
(0)
Administrator

Did you check with the neighbors that have CATV or also DirecTV, or even compare the signal to an Antenna feed, to see if it was just a issue with the local Fox Affiliate, or issue with DirecTV receiving the HD feed from the affiliate.

Also it could be that the programming was only in SD, upscaled for the HD channel, and nothing really was wrong.

Did you check with the neighbors that have CATV or also DirecTV, or even compare the signal to an Antenna feed, to see if it was just a issue with the local Fox Affiliate, or issue with DirecTV receiving the HD feed from the affiliate.

Also it could be that the programming was only in SD, upscaled for the HD channel, and nothing really was wrong.

7 of 9 (18 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 3, 2014 3:13:53 AM
(0)
Expert

Quite a lot of the Fox pre game show was in SD and some consisted of really old film.  The game was in full HD on my system in the NYC area.

Quite a lot of the Fox pre game show was in SD and some consisted of really old film.  The game was in full HD on my system in the NYC area.

8 of 9 (18 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 3, 2014 5:11:28 AM
(0)
Administrator

Pre game for us was HD.  May have been again a local affiliate issue.

Pre game for us was HD.  May have been again a local affiliate issue.

9 of 9 (18 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments