some questions about prepaid

Highlighted
Tutor

some questions about prepaid

hi, i just changed to prepaid plan today and did some research on it, yet still having a few questions.

1. in the account summary of Pay As You Go Online, what does it mean by Cancel Date ?

2. staff in att store told me i can switch calling plans anytime, but i can not find options online.

3. if i am in the $2 daily plan, will i be charged for the day when someone sent me a message (even though i dont send/make any message or calls)?

4. will i be charged if someone keeps calling me but i rejected (or did not answer)?

thank you in advance, i'd appreciate if anyone helps.

Message 1 of 2 (3,157 Views)
Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author doahuang
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: some questions about prepaid

doahuang wrote:

Hi, I just changed to prepaid plan today and did some research on it, yet still having a few questions.

1. In the account summary of Pay As You Go Online, what does it mean by Cancel Date ?
  2. Staff in att store told me i can switch calling plans anytime, but i can not find options online.
  3. If i am in the $2 daily plan, will i be charged for the day when someone sent me a message (even though i dont send/make any message or calls)?
  4. Will i be charged if someone keeps calling me but i rejected (or did not answer)?

Thank you in advance, i'd appreciate if anyone helps.

1. There is a couple different meanings to this, #4 is most likely the one you are asking about.
    1. You must add money to your account within 26 days of activation, or your account will be cancelled.
    2. Amounts deposited into your account expire in accordance with the stated refill denomination expiration period (e.g., $50/90 days). Unused account balance is forfeited upon expiration.
    3. If money is added to your account before the current balance expires, the existing balance will carry over to the new expiration date (Rollover Balance®).
    4. Pay As You Go accounts will be canceled 60 days after expiration of your last refill, so if you refilled Oct 1, 2012 and it is set to expire Nov 1, 2012, if you do not add more money to the acocunt AT&T will cancel the prepaid account and you lose your phone number.
  2. You can change your plan by calling 1-800-901-9878 from a wired phone or 611 from your wireless phone. Customer care can also change the rate plan for you but there is a $10 fee for each time they do it for you.
  3. No you have to initiate the transaction, make a call, reject a call, send a sms/mms and or use data.
  4. If you reject the call yes you are charged, if you dont do anything with the phone when it rings and it goes to voicemail on its own then no there is no charge.
Message 2 of 2 (3,148 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.