sim card for a visitor

Contributor

sim card for a visitor

[ Edited ]

Hi!  I'll be arriving in the US in 2 days time for a company visit, which will take for about 2 months.  I would like to ask if I can buy a sim card at the airport?  I'll be landing at LAX.

I've been reading the AT&T website and seems like their prepaid sim is bundled with a phone.  I would rather use my blackberry phone, if its possible.  I purchased by open-line blackberry way back 2010 thru ebay during my first visit in the US.  That time, I didn't really bother buying a sim card as I was using my roaming sim, which is bloody expensive.

I'd also want to have a data plan bundled with it, perhaps 2GB in a month. And any information on how to refill.

Hope someone can help me. thank you.

Message 1 of 5 (4,856 Views)
Professor
Solution
Accepted by topic author jaysnow
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: sim card for a visitor

Sorry to say that BB data is not supported on prepaid service. I doubt if you can buy a sim card at LAX airport but it's a good idea to check with people at the airport.
Message 2 of 5 (4,844 Views)
Contributor

Thank you for the quick reply, ilikewireless. Any idea if tmobile does? or perhaps other telcos? Thanks.
Message 3 of 5 (4,827 Views)
ACE - Guru

[ Edited ]

As far as I know, Tmob do not do it for pay as you go plan .

Also, no telcos store inside  LAX, only Bestbuy have a selfservice machine selling phones.Smiley Sad 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 5 (4,818 Views)
Professor

[ Edited ]

jaysnow wrote:
Thank you for the quick reply, ilikewireless. Any idea if tmobile does? or perhaps other telcos? Thanks.

You're welcome Smiley Very Happy There was a T-Mobile booth at LAX in 2008 but I'm not sure if it's still there. You may want to check with T-Mobile on Skype (to keep costs down).

Message 5 of 5 (4,809 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.