Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
srilata06's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Wednesday, September 17th, 2008 7:34 PM

Closed

reg incoming call

i would like to know whether the incoming call will be charged in the Go phone.

Accepted Solution

Expert

• 

13K Messages

16 years ago

srilata06 wrote:
     I would like to know whether the incoming call will be charged in the Go phone.

Unfortunately yes they are billed.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

16 years ago

why is it like in usa while in India and other countries it is free?

Expert

• 

13K Messages

16 years ago

srilata06 wrote:
     Why is it like in usa while in India and other countries it is free?

Unfortuantely it is due to the American companies wanting as much money as they can. 😞

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

16 years ago

wilcre wrote:

srilata06 wrote:
     Why is it like in usa while in India and other countries it is free?

Unfortuantely it is due to the American companies wanting as much money as they can. 😞

lol!!  Well, I think too it is because outside of America the caller is paying for both sides of the transaction - therefore, the recipient pays nothing.  And my understanding is that calls to other mobile phones are much more expensive than calls are to landlines; whereas, in America we pay the same price for outbound calls regardless of what type of phone we are calling.

I imagine the foreign companies want as much money as they can get too - it's just a different pricing schematic. 😉

Message Edited by hme83 on 09-17-2008 06:11:40 PM

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

16 years ago

Well, as far as i know in India the call rates are definitely cheaper - may be cheapest in the world.  And telephone companies vie to give u a fone connection.  Here I've been trying for the past 2 weeks to get a landline/hone phone connection without any success.  I am sorry to say I 'm very disappointed

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

16 years ago

Yeah - we don't have much competition here on the landline side.  At least where I live it's AT&T or the cable co.  LOL!!  And imo, we really don't have the competition we could/should for the wireless services either, but that's another conversation. 🙂

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

16 years ago

so local cable companies offer landline connections here in USA?

ACE - Expert

• 

6.6K Messages

16 years ago

@srilata06 wrote:

Comcast (my local cable company) offers a VoIP service, not a true landline service like AT&T.

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

16 years ago

@dmapr wrote:

@srilata06 wrote:

Comcast (my local cable company) offers a VoIP service, not a true landline service like AT&T.

I don't have the best knowledge about all the different technologies, but as I understand it Cox isn't VoIP.  You continue to use your existing telephones and they just add some kind of a connection point outside your home so the existing wiring can be used - it is digital telephone service.

It might be worth checking into if you are having problems getting service from the traditional landline provider in your area.

Scholar

• 

332 Messages

16 years ago

Im from Argentina. In my country you not pay for nothing incoming , voice calls , SMS or MMS.Its always the caller who pays.
If you call from a cell phone ,all rates are the same, no matter its a cell or a landline.Some carriers offer discounts o cheaper minutes if the call is between the same wireless carrier (like ATTs M2M but not entirely free)
The thing is when you call from a landline to a cell , there the call costs like a lot more.Lets say a call between 2 landline numbers would cost 2 cents,calling the same person to his cell would cost 35 cents.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.