reg incoming call

Tutor

reg incoming call

i would like to know whether the incoming call will be charged in the Go phone.

Message 1 of 12 (1,097 Views)
Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author srilata06
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: reg incoming call

srilata06 wrote:
     I would like to know whether the incoming call will be charged in the Go phone.

Unfortunately yes they are billed.
Message 2 of 12 (1,094 Views)
Tutor

why is it like in usa while in India and other countries it is free?

Message 3 of 12 (1,088 Views)
Expert

srilata06 wrote:
     Why is it like in usa while in India and other countries it is free?

Unfortuantely it is due to the American companies wanting as much money as they can. Smiley Sad
Message 4 of 12 (1,086 Views)
Master

[ Edited ]

wilcre wrote:

srilata06 wrote:
     Why is it like in usa while in India and other countries it is free?

Unfortuantely it is due to the American companies wanting as much money as they can. Smiley Sad

lol!!  Well, I think too it is because outside of America the caller is paying for both sides of the transaction - therefore, the recipient pays nothing.  And my understanding is that calls to other mobile phones are much more expensive than calls are to landlines; whereas, in America we pay the same price for outbound calls regardless of what type of phone we are calling.

I imagine the foreign companies want as much money as they can get too - it's just a different pricing schematic. Smiley Wink

Message Edited by hme83 on 09-17-2008 06:11:40 PM
                                                                                                                         =^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Message 5 of 12 (1,086 Views)
Tutor

Well, as far as i know in India the call rates are definitely cheaper - may be cheapest in the world.  And telephone companies vie to give u a fone connection.  Here I've been trying for the past 2 weeks to get a landline/hone phone connection without any success.  I am sorry to say I 'm very disappointed
Message 6 of 12 (1,079 Views)
Master

Yeah - we don't have much competition here on the landline side.  At least where I live it's AT&T or the cable co.  LOL!!  And imo, we really don't have the competition we could/should for the wireless services either, but that's another conversation. Smiley Happy
                                                                                                                         =^..^=
There must be a happy medium somewhere between being totally informed and blissfully unaware.

- Doug Larson

Message 7 of 12 (1,080 Views)
Tutor

so local cable companies offer landline connections here in USA?
Message 8 of 12 (1,077 Views)
ACE - Expert

srilata06 wrote:

Comcast (my local cable company) offers a VoIP service, not a true landline service like AT&T.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 9 of 12 (1,074 Views)
Master

dmapr wrote:

srilata06 wrote:

Comcast (my local cable company) offers a VoIP service, not a true landline service like AT&T.

I don't have the best knowledge about all the different technologies, but as I understand it Cox isn't VoIP.  You continue to use your existing telephones and they just add some kind of a connection point outside your home so the existing wiring can be used - it is digital telephone service.

It might be worth checking into if you are having problems getting service from the traditional landline provider in your area.
                                                                                                                         =^..^=

- Doug Larson

Message 10 of 12 (1,067 Views)
Scholar

Im from Argentina. In my country you not pay for nothing incoming , voice calls , SMS or MMS.Its always the caller who pays.
If you call from a cell phone ,all rates are the same, no matter its a cell or a landline.Some carriers offer discounts o cheaper minutes if the call is between the same wireless carrier (like ATTs M2M but not entirely free)
The thing is when you call from a landline to a cell , there the call costs like a lot more.Lets say a call between 2 landline numbers would cost 2 cents,calling the same person to his cell would cost 35 cents.
Message 11 of 12 (990 Views)
Tutor

Ya I'm doing just that.  We 've Time Warner in the Syracuse area - I'm trying for a connection through them.  Meanwhile I'm taking a pre-paid connection too - as for the post paid they are asking for the home phone number!
Message 12 of 12 (991 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.