refund on gophone card

Contributor

refund on gophone card

I am getting so upset with AT&T gophone. I returned an unused gophone card that was ordered by mistake because of a phone rep. It has been over 2 weeks and still no refund. That card charged me 43 dollars. If I knew it was going to take until doomsday to get my refund I would've kept the card and used it later. I am about ready to switch to another service. I was charged for 2 cards and I want the refund for the card I returned. I called the Sales department and they told me I could return it. I am ready to send phone back as well.

Message 1 of 6 (2,390 Views)
Scholar

Re: refund on gophone card

You will not get refund for the refill amount or the gophone card. You may be able to return the device but not the refill
Message 2 of 6 (2,386 Views)
ACE - Guru

This is correct,you will NOT get any refund for the refill amount in your account or on any GOphone refill cards.
You brought it, it is yours!!
This apply to all cell phones refill in USA and all over the world!!
No matter you change to T mobile,Verizon,H2O,Sprint etc etc,the same rule apply!!

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 6 (2,344 Views)
Contributor

Yes, there is normaly no refund on gocards but if Sales Department authorizes the return you are allowed a refund on gocard. I was authorized by their sales department to return card for refund. I should've known better to go with AT&T I have had only grief with them in the past.

Message 4 of 6 (2,222 Views)
Highlighted
Employee

Hi glory0621, 

Did you return your device and card to an AT&T Store or though the mail? In most cases if you returned the card in a retail store, the store manager has to go though an approval process to refund the card as they are traditionaly non-refundable once it has been activated. If you mailed everything back it can take up to 10 business days for the return to be fully processed and additional time for any refund to be retuned to your credit card. 

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 6 (2,191 Views)
Contributor

Someone at ATT is getting rich off of refill cards that cannot be used. I too bought a new ATT Go Phone and refill card that was useless, because there was no ATT cell phone service where I live, (contrary to what was shown on the packaging). I returned the phone but was told I could not return the refill card, even though the card was unused. I couldn't reach a real person on the GoPhone line because the phone had never been activatied and I didn't have a phone number for it. The general customer service representative I talked to claimed she was unable to help me. So now I am out $45 for an unused refill card. As a retiree living on SS, $45 represents about 5% of my monthly income, or about a week's worth of groceries. I have looked everywhere for an email address to contact ATT, but without an ATT phone number I cannot setup an online account in order to chat or make contact. If only 10,000 people across the nation have run into this problem, that is $450,000 dollars in cash for Att with no obligation to deliver a service or product. What's sad is that that number is probably conservative.

Message 6 of 6 (25 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.