Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
beevesb's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, September 15th, 2015 9:07 PM

minutes about to expire message before call

I have a prepaid AT&T account with always money in my account and plenty of minutes at the end of each month. Towards the end of the month I randomly get messages (let's call them ads) from AT&T telling me that my minutes are about to expuire and to press 1 to refill or 2 to skip ... this all happens before my call is connected. Why? This is irritating. I must listen to a 30 second message for the opt out instructions before calling my friend or heaven forbid the police? How can I stop this irritating and potentially dangerous practice? Or do I need to switch providers?

Community Support

• 

15.2K Messages

9 years ago

Hello @beevesb

Thank you for reaching out to our community regarding the message you have to listen to prior to making a call when it gets close to the end of the month.

This message to notify customer that they need to take action on their account because their account balance is close to expiring. Prepaid account balance expire after a set time based on the dollar amount of the most recent refill. For example, a $10 payment is good for 30 days, while a $25 payment is good for 90 days. The balance will expire after that date, even if it goes unused.

This message should occur once per day for a minimum of 7 days prior to the balance expiring. This will happen frequently if the customer only refills a small amount and these messages cannot be disabled. I would recommend that the customer refill for a larger amount during their next refill ($25 for 90 days) to avoid getting the message so frequently.

Hope this helps!

Charise

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.