how do i change my att go phone plan?

Highlighted
Contributor

how do i change my att go phone plan?

i need to change my go phone plan but dont know how.

Message 1 of 7 (7,581 Views)
Former Moderator
Solution
Accepted by ATT_James (Former Moderator)
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: how do i change my att go phone plan?

meta jo,

Go to Att.com and sign into your account, you can change your plan online with ease. If you don't already have an online account you will be given the option to sign up then. Go under my ATT, wireless, then follow along to set up your account.

James

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 7 (7,554 Views)
Master
Solution
Accepted by ATT_James (Former Moderator)
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

You could also do it over the phone by dialing 611 from your phone. Say "rate plan" at the main menu, and then "change my rate plan." Select the plan you want and say "switch to this plan."

It's not too difficult. I've done it a few times before.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 3 of 7 (7,458 Views)
Contributor

This don't work for Go phone...

Message 4 of 7 (2,135 Views)
Master

okievarmint wrote:

This don't work for Go phone...

Logging into your online account no longer works, but the phone method I posted still does. The only time the phone method will not work would be if you are in an area with no coverage or if you are trying to call and change your rate plan from abroad, e.g. somewhere outside of the U.S.

Message 5 of 7 (2,093 Views)
Contributor

You can call the toll-free number from outside the U.S. but you can't change your plan online?

Message 6 of 7 (1,581 Views)
Master

@UWvisitor Unfortunately, no, you cannot. I believe prepa...

@UWvisitor Unfortunately, no, you cannot. I believe prepaid customers did have the option to change their rate plan online once upon a time, but for some unknown reason AT&T has decided to revoke it.

Message 7 of 7 (1,532 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.