available data plan packages

Mentor

available data plan packages

i have a gophone account i have been happy with for many years.  i usually buy the $15 data plan, which is good for the month.  i just got an at&t text that said as of 6/20, the $5/50mb data package would be the only data plan offered to me.  if i understand this text message correctly, it looks as though the price for data will now be very expensive.  why this change?

Message 1 of 16 (4,127 Views)
Professor

Re: available data plan packages

[ Edited ]

4moonglow wrote:

i have a gophone account i have been happy with for many years.  i usually buy the $15 data plan, which is good for the month.  i just got an at&t text that said as of 6/20, the $5/50mb data package would be the only data plan offered to me.  if i understand this text message correctly, it looks as though the price for data will now be very expensive.  why this change?

They want smarphone users to go to the $65 unlimited plan, either you need it or not. Me? Not paying that for my aprox. 100 minutes and 250Mb I use my GoPhone per month just to have some decently priced data..It's at&t's way of telling me : "Your kind (light users) is no longer welcome here".

Message 2 of 16 (4,131 Views)
Teacher

Forcing me to pay an extra $15 now for my data usage. I usually use the $25 a month plan and buy 1GB data.
Message 3 of 16 (4,111 Views)
Mentor

wow, i guess that's the thanks i get for being a loyal gophone customer for many years ... makes me sad to hear of this ... time to move, it seems ... Smiley Sad

thanks for replying, Patico ...

Message 4 of 16 (4,099 Views)
Teacher

They do it because they can. As far as I understand you can't get AT&T sims through straighttalk anymore, so pretty much the only thing you have left is T Mo for $30/month for a few gigs at high speed plus 100 min talk. But their coverage is worse than AT&T.

Message 5 of 16 (4,088 Views)
Scholar

H2O use AT&T and have dataplan also
Message 6 of 16 (4,084 Views)
Teacher

What does that mean that you can't AT&T sims through StraightTalk?

Message 7 of 16 (3,954 Views)
Scholar

StraightTalk now offer only T-Mobile.

In the past StraightTalk offer both, T-Mobile and AT&T

Message 8 of 16 (3,940 Views)
Contributor

When I got online to add more data (the 5mb package), it was not listed on my available packages to purchase, nor were the other 2 data packages. ACTUALLY, they WERE listed, but the little yellow triangle that says you can't get that (not enough $ avail or whatever) was next to all 3 data packages... the text I got said that I would be able to get 50 mb for $5....

When I checked the prepaid plan chart, it showed that if I don't have one of the plans that were $25 or more, I would have to purchase data at the cost of 1 penny per 5kb.. I think that comes to $10 per 50mb now instead of $5.. hopefully this is just a glitch and we will be able to get the $5 plan again. Better than nothing...

Message 9 of 16 (3,604 Views)
Contributor

well, at least I can still get the $5 data plan, that's what I USUALLY use to rollover my data...hopefully AT&T will come to their senses & give back the other data plans...I was afraid I was going to have to pay by the kb... 1 penny for 5 kb would be around $10 for 50mb if I'm dong my math right... something was just wrong with the AT&T site last night, I did not lose my data! WHEW!

Message 10 of 16 (3,557 Views)
Contributor

Although this sucks, think of it this way: does anyone else offer smaller amounts of data like this?

Message 11 of 16 (3,555 Views)
Master

patchworkgirl wrote:

Although this sucks, think of it this way: does anyone else offer smaller amounts of data like this?

Not to my knowledge.  AT&T does seem to changes their data plans around quite a bit, no matter if it's prepaid or postpaid service. 

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 12 of 16 (3,430 Views)
Community Support
Solution
Accepted by ATTJulieCS (Community Support)
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

4moonglow wrote:

Please visit Smartphone prepaid plans for information on the data plans available to you. Perhaps one of these other plans will work better for you? 

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 13 of 16 (3,108 Views)
Highlighted
Teacher

I received one of those AT&T free messages that says, "your Data 1GB pkg expires 08/17/13. Reply RNW to renew. Sufficient funds needed PRIOR to expiration or you need to re-add feature."

I have sufficient funds in my account, and sent the RNW reply, but I get no response and my account online doesn't show a change.

Why send out the message saying I can renew, if it doesn't work? This is really frustrating, but I don't really see any other options Smiley Sad

Message 14 of 16 (2,750 Views)
Master

Errant wrote:

I received one of those AT&T free messages that says, "your Data 1GB pkg expires 08/17/13. Reply RNW to renew. Sufficient funds needed PRIOR to expiration or you need to re-add feature."

I have sufficient funds in my account, and sent the RNW reply, but I get no response and my account online doesn't show a change.

Why send out the message saying I can renew, if it doesn't work? This is really frustrating, but I don't really see any other options Smiley Sad

I would think that it should have worked as long as you do have sufficient funds left to use in your account.  Perhaps the renewal won't take effect until the 17th after your current one expires. 

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 15 of 16 (2,725 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.