Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
4moonglow's profile

Mentor

• 

26 Messages

Friday, June 7th, 2013 4:17 PM

available data plan packages

i have a gophone account i have been happy with for many years.  i usually buy the $15 data plan, which is good for the month.  i just got an at&t text that said as of 6/20, the $5/50mb data package would be the only data plan offered to me.  if i understand this text message correctly, it looks as though the price for data will now be very expensive.  why this change?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

11 years ago

@4moonglow wrote:

i have a gophone account i have been happy with for many years.  i usually buy the $15 data plan, which is good for the month.  i just got an at&t text that said as of 6/20, the $5/50mb data package would be the only data plan offered to me.  if i understand this text message correctly, it looks as though the price for data will now be very expensive.  why this change?

Please visit Smartphone prepaid plans for information on the data plans available to you. Perhaps one of these other plans will work better for you? 

Professor

• 

193 Messages

11 years ago

@4moonglow wrote:

They want smarphone users to go to the $65 unlimited plan, either you need it or not. Me? Not paying that for my aprox. 100 minutes and 250Mb I use my GoPhone per month just to have some decently priced data..It's at&t's way of telling me : "Your kind (light users) is no longer welcome here".

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

11 years ago

Forcing me to pay an extra $15 now for my data usage. I usually use the $25 a month plan and buy 1GB data.

Mentor

• 

26 Messages

11 years ago

wow, i guess that's the thanks i get for being a loyal gophone customer for many years ... makes me sad to hear of this ... time to move, it seems ... 😞

thanks for replying, Patico ...

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

11 years ago

They do it because they can. As far as I understand you can't get AT&T sims through straighttalk anymore, so pretty much the only thing you have left is T Mo for $30/month for a few gigs at high speed plus 100 min talk. But their coverage is worse than AT&T.

Scholar

• 

100 Messages

11 years ago

H2O use AT&T and have dataplan also

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

11 years ago

What does that mean that you can't AT&T sims through StraightTalk?

Scholar

• 

100 Messages

11 years ago

StraightTalk now offer only T-Mobile.

In the past StraightTalk offer both, T-Mobile and AT&T

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

When I got online to add more data (the 5mb package), it was not listed on my available packages to purchase, nor were the other 2 data packages. ACTUALLY, they WERE listed, but the little yellow triangle that says you can't get that (not enough $ avail or whatever) was next to all 3 data packages... the text I got said that I would be able to get 50 mb for $5....

When I checked the prepaid plan chart, it showed that if I don't have one of the plans that were $25 or more, I would have to purchase data at the cost of 1 penny per 5kb.. I think that comes to $10 per 50mb now instead of $5.. hopefully this is just a glitch and we will be able to get the $5 plan again. Better than nothing...

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

11 years ago

well, at least I can still get the $5 data plan, that's what I USUALLY use to rollover my data...hopefully AT&T will come to their senses & give back the other data plans...I was afraid I was going to have to pay by the kb... 1 penny for 5 kb would be around $10 for 50mb if I'm dong my math right... something was just wrong with the AT&T site last night, I did not lose my data! WHEW!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.