Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
fly40's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, December 18th, 2013 7:18 AM

allocate new phone number number to sim

i have a prepaid at&t sim.  I live in Australia.  I've been trying to get this sorted out now for about 3 weeks.  I'd like to use the same sim card on the same plan that i had recently, which is the $60 month unlimited talk and text, 2gig of data.  I'll be arriving in the USA boxing day, but would like to have it organised before I arrive.  I was told by one at&t person that the number I had has been reassigned, if I can provide the sim card number on the sim card i have, can i be reassigned a new number etc.  my first few days in the USA i won't be able to get to a store and spend the 2 to 3 hours it took last time to open the account/get sim card. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

10 years ago

if I can provide the sim card number on the sim card i have, can i be reassigned a new number ??? 

Sorry Mate,it won't work this way in North America.With AT&T Gophone ,once a SIM card had been used or active.Or your account is over 3 months without adding money in,you will lost it forever.

You will need a new SIM card....also, on 26th Dec...you better check the hours of store opening.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

10 years ago

also, i am unable to go online on the at&t website as i don't have a phone number to enter into the site to login... someone from at&t mightn't have realised this when they texted the phone number a new pin so i could log in...

i should also add that i arrive in the USA on the 26th of December.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.