Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
Spawn778's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, December 26th, 2016 6:21 PM

Why AT&T is denying Alcatel Ideal unlock request with imei starting at 01480200

I need to unlock my devices but your portal is not working and Customer Service has been rude at me when trying to unlock my Alcatel ideal.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

7 years ago

Must have 6 months of prepaid service. No exceptions. If a glitch happened that allowed a device to slip through the cracks that was something that shouldn't have happened.

You'll need 6 months of active GoPhone service before it can be unlocked. These devices are not made for resale nor are they intended to be used with foreign networks. During this time of year I field calls from callers who are not unlocking devices for the sake of giving it to a friend to use on another network. It's phones over the 5 unlock limit per year with the sole intent of shipping it overseas. These phones are not sold at full price. An AT&T GoPhone has an MSRP that reflects the expectation it will be used with AT&T's service. If you need unlocked devices pay for the unlocked phones. A cellular carrier isn't going to sell a phone at a loss so it can be activated somewhere else and they lose out on revenue.

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

7 years ago

The Ideal is a subsidized Gophone.  You have to complete 6 months of prepaid service to be eligible to unlock the phone. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

Yes i know but other Alcatel Ideal i had before, was unlocked without this '6 month of prepaid service' requirement.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

ES UNA ESTAFA QUE VENDAN ESTOS TELÉFONOS Y DIGAN QUE ES SIN CONTRATO ANUAL YA QUE CON ESTA ABSURDA POLITICA OBLIGAN AL CLIENTE A PAGAR POR UN SERVICIO POR UN TIEMPO DETERMINADO 

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

7 years ago

@CCARLOS    

Estos teléfonos se venden bajo costo minorista, tanto como 50% de descuento. Todos los transportistas estadounidenses bloquean los teléfonos prepago hasta que se complete un acuerdo de servicio mínimo. Ellos tienen todo el derecho de esperar que usted pague el precio completo, o pagar por el servicio.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.