Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
solido_snake87's profile

Explorer

• 

24 Messages

Friday, October 3rd, 2008 8:01 PM

Closed

When do minutes restart? And also text glitch?

I have 2 questions basically. First one is, I have the unlimited mobile to mobile pay as you go plan. My dollar gets deducted the next day around 9AM-12PM. Somewhere between that time frame. My question is, when is your time up for that day? Let me give an example, Let say I'm talking around 11:30PM on a Thursday, and I don't finish until 1AM on a Friday. Does that mean that I will get deducted a dollar on Friday and Saturday since It's officially the next day on Friday when i was still using my cell phone? Does anyone know how long you can talk into the next day without it deducting another day for the day after? Do you guys get it?

Second question, My expiration date for my unlimited text was 10/02/08, and it is the 3rd today, and i text someone just for kicks and it didnt deduct any money from me even though my text message plan expired. I dont want to buy another unlimited plan if i still have some left for this one? Does anyone know if they deduct you the moment the text is sent or the next day or what? Thank you very much.

Accepted Solution

Expert

• 

13K Messages

16 years ago

@solido_snake87 wrote:
      My question is, when is your time up for that day? Let me give an example, Let say I'm talking around 11:30PM on a Thursday, and I don't finish until 1AM on a Friday. Does that mean that I will get deducted a dollar on Friday and Saturday since It's officially the next day on Friday when i was still using my cell phone? Does anyone know how long you can talk into the next day without it deducting another day for the day after? Do you guys get it?
      Your time is up for the day at midnight, any use of the phone after that and you are billed for the usage for both days.

ACE - Expert

• 

6.6K Messages

16 years ago

@solido_snake87 wrote:
I have 2 questions basically. First one is, I have the unlimited mobile to mobile pay as you go plan. My dollar gets deducted the next day around 9AM-12PM. Somewhere between that time frame. My question is, when is your time up for that day? Let me give an example, Let say I'm talking around 11:30PM on a Thursday, and I don't finish until 1AM on a Friday. Does that mean that I will get deducted a dollar on Friday and Saturday since It's officially the next day on Friday when i was still using my cell phone? Does anyone know how long you can talk into the next day without it deducting another day for the day after? Do you guys get it?

Second question, My expiration date for my unlimited text was 10/02/08, and it is the 3rd today, and i text someone just for kicks and it didnt deduct any money from me even though my text message plan expired. I dont want to buy another unlimited plan if i still have some left for this one? Does anyone know if they deduct you the moment the text is sent or the next day or what? Thank you very much.

I have no personal experience with your first situation, but typically AT&T bills everything per the call origination time, so your call would be considered a Thursday usage, not Thursday & Friday.

Text is typically deducted right away, maybe it was a glitch that you weren't charged.

Explorer

• 

24 Messages

16 years ago

Thank you very much, i just had to be sure it was midnight.

Expert

• 

13K Messages

16 years ago

solido_snake87 wrote:
     Thank you very much, i just had to be sure it was midnight.

You are welcome and it is not a problem.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.