Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
hvacmanjc's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, June 17th, 2013 2:37 AM

Using my own phone as a Go Phone?

Hello everyone. My contract is over with Sprint so I am switching to AT&T. I have read on the internet that the Go Phone plans are changing and now adding LTE to the plans. If I am correct, it looks like you can get unlimited minutes, texts and 2gig of data for $60 with an additional gig of data for $10. They only offer one phone right now for LTE. Does anyone know if you can bring your own phone over and use it? I have a few phones (One 4G and one LTE). I don't want to purchase a phone if I don't have to. Thanks for your time.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Moderator

• 

773 Messages

11 years ago

hvacmanjc,

Yes you can purchase a 4G or 4G LTE device at full retail price or bring your own 4G or 4G LTE device.

James

Master

• 

5.1K Messages

11 years ago

@hvacmanjc wrote:
Hello everyone. My contract is over with Sprint so I am switching to AT&T. I have a few phones (One 4G and one LTE). I don't want to purchase a phone if I don't have to. Thanks for your time.

Hi, I just wanted to be sure that the phones you mention having here are AT&T or GSM unlocked phones? If they are Sprint phones they will not work on AT&T's LTE network.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks for the help. Yes, I have an iPhone 4S for AT&T that I will be activating. I just wanted to make sure that I can activate it under the GO Phone plans. As long as this is possible, I will be cancelling my service with Sprint as of 6/22/13 and coming to AT&T. 

Professor

• 

1.8K Messages

11 years ago

@hvacmanjc wrote:

Thanks for the help. Yes, I have an iPhone 4S for AT&T that I will be activating. I just wanted to make sure that I can activate it under the GO Phone plans. As long as this is possible, I will be cancelling my service with Sprint as of 6/22/13 and coming to AT&T. 

Yes for any iPhone on prepaid. Here's free SIM cards for you AT&T SIM Card & SIM Cards for Phones, Smartphones & Tablets from AT&T. Don't know how long they're going to be free.

Welcome to this forum. 

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

11 years ago

Yes, you are able to "officially" activate your iPhone on a GoPhone plan. Since the phone does not support LTE frequencies, the highest level of speed you should expect is HSPA+, or "4G." Your iPhone should display 4G by the signal bars if the service is available in your area.

Welcome to AT&T! I've been a proud GoPhone customer for 3.5 years and counting. Couldn't be happier for the service I get for the price I pay!

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Exactly details on how to make Iphone work right away with gophone
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.