Switching to postpaid

Highlighted
Tutor

Switching to postpaid

I've seen that at&t allows switch to postpaid plans and allows you to keep your current balance.

My question is this: If I switch from prepaid to postpaid and keep my current balance as a credit on the bill, do I have to get in to a contract? I'd rather stay month-to-month, but I've found that postpaid has certain benefits that can't exist with prepaid (such as better roaming coverage).
Message 1 of 4 (1,279 Views)
Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author lilbyrdie
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: Switching to postpaid

lilbyrdie wrote:
I've seen that at&t allows switch to postpaid plans and allows you to keep your current balance.
     My question is this: If I switch from prepaid to postpaid and keep my current balance as a credit on the bill, do I have to get in to a contract? I'd rather stay month-to-month, but I've found that postpaid has certain benefits that can't exist with prepaid (such as better roaming coverage).

Yes you can  switch to prepaid with the same phone number in any corporate owned AT&T Mobility store only and the balance will carry over with you, as fo rthe contractual obligation you ask about, yes you can do a non-contractual service commitment that will not lock you in to a 2 year contract and leave you on a month to month (30 day) billing cycle with AT&T postpaid service. http://www.wireless.att.com/find-a-store
Message 2 of 4 (1,276 Views)
Tutor

Thanks for the answer.

It's too bad I can't do it online -- or over the phone, at minimum. So much seems to require going in to a store. It doesn't make sense; that's gotta cost at&t much more than handling such simple things via a voice call or online...
Message 3 of 4 (1,272 Views)
Expert

lilbyrdie wrote:
Thanks for the answer.
     It's too bad I can't do it online -- or over the phone, at minimum. So much seems to require going in to a store. It doesn't make sense; that's gotta cost at&t much more than handling such simple things via a voice call or online...

I do agree doing it over the phone would be alot easier than going in to a local store tyo have it done. hopefully all goes well for you.
Message 4 of 4 (1,270 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.