Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
Supertorts's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, April 13th, 2017 5:03 AM

Roaming in Canada with GoPhone $45 Plan

I will be traveling to Canada for 5 days next weekend. Currently on the GoPhone $45 plan, which states that I'm able to use my plan's data and roam *for free* while in Canada. Is this correct, and what do I need to activate this?

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

7 years ago

It's true, you don't have to do anything.  

ACE - Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

7 years ago

You need to turn on "Data Roaming" while in Canada with Roger's Wireless.
You only got coverage in most major cities in Canada.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Tagging onto this question, I'm looking at the gophone $45 plan for a US and Canada trip, having used one on the east coast last Christmas/NY. The next trip will be 1.5 weeks in the USA and 2 weeks in Canada, flying into and out of Boston, MA. Will I have any issues with the 50%x90 days in the USA requirement?

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

Have similar plan, but will arrive in Canada, Vancouver. Wonder if I can get GoPhone $45 in Vancouver for CA and US? Did anybody do a trip the same way around?

ACE - Expert

• 

64.7K Messages

7 years ago

@inego1 If you are only buying 30 days of service, you won't need to worry about the 50% usage.

@beneli67 I don't think you can buy gophone in Vancouver. Even if you can find it, you may not be able to activate it from Canada.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I'm currently in $45 prepaid plan, and traveling to canada for 5 days,, do I have free data roaming in Canada?

I would need the data service to use GPS. PLS reply me

ACE - Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

6 years ago

@Ranjith1786 
Do you mean the $40/mo with autopay discount ???
Please read all the posts !! You will get your answer !! 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.