Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
britchick95's profile

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

Monday, February 4th, 2013 7:02 PM

Replacement SIM

Hi everyone. Quick question. If I get a replacement SIM card, how do I activate it so my phone number stays the same? Do I have to do this in store, or can this be done over the Internet? Sorry if I sound dumb lol!!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Former Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

11 years ago

Hi @britchich95, thanks for your post. You can easily update this information by logging in via myAT&T and update either your SIM or your IMEI by clicking att.com/activations.

ACE - Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

11 years ago

Better do this in the store.

I do this before over the phone ,but long wait ,changed my rate plan and home address to Texas,I need to change it back online and that is nearly 3 years ago.Smiley Frustrated

You cannot done it over the internet.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

I wanted to know if I can buy a SIM card and have it sent to me. I am on tour in canada and I lost my SIM card at an Airport. I asked my niece to go to the AT&T store in the Mall of Louisiana to buy one, have it added to my account, and they gave her the run around. So now I have no service because I have no SIM Card.

Or could I buy one on eBay and then add it to my lnie ?

PLEASE HELP !

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

11 years ago

@EmoLeBlanc wrote:

I wanted to know if I can buy a SIM card and have it sent to me. I am on tour in canada and I lost my SIM card at an Airport. I asked my niece to go to the AT&T store in the Mall of Louisiana to buy one, have it added to my account, and they gave her the run around. So now I have no service because I have no SIM Card.

PLEASE HELP !

You should be able to, yes. I'm not sure which address it could be sent to, but I'm sure it's possible. Keep in mind that there's a strong probability that your phone will not be operating under AT&T's network while you are in Canada. Rather, your phone will roam on Rogers or some other carrier. 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

@Wild Banchi wrote:

@EmoLeBlanc wrote:

PLEASE HELP !

You should be able to, yes. I'm not sure which address it could be sent to, but I'm sure it's possible. Keep in mind that there's a strong probability that your phone will not be operating under AT&T's network while you are in Canada. Rather, your phone will roam on Rogers or some other carrier. 

Yeah the roaming part is no problem. I had the sim card working just fine and then we had to go for a quick trip to guatemala and I took it out and put it in my wallet and I took something out of my wallet and lost it. So my question is if I were to buy it on EBay can I call in and have them add it to my account ? I wish they would not have given my niece the run around about adding the sim card but I do understand it is for my own security. Thanks for the help 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

@ATTJulieCS wrote:

@hi @britchich95, thanks for your post. You can see how to activate your new SIM card by visiting here

I tried going "there" and it was kind of confusing. Am I suppose to purchase a sim card like I am adding a new account ? I don't really understand. Can't I just go on eBay and buy a SIM card and then call in and have them add it to my account ? 

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

11 years ago

@EmoLeBlanc wrote:
Yeah the roaming part is no problem. I had the sim card working just fine and then we had to go for a quick trip to guatemala and I took it out and put it in my wallet and I took something out of my wallet and lost it. So my question is if I were to buy it on EBay can I call in and have them add it to my account ? I wish they would not have given my niece the run around about adding the sim card but I do understand it is for my own security. Thanks for the help 

Yes, customer service should be able to add the new SIM card to your account. You will need to give them the SIM card number, which starts with 8901xxxxxxxxxxx. If you'd like to keep the same phone number, be sure to share that information, too! 

Youre welcome. 🙂

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

I finally got the new SIM card so now I have to call customer service ? Or is there any way to do it online ?

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

11 years ago

You could activate the new SIM online, but it you would be setting up a new account, phone number, etc. Because you're interested in keeping your current account and phone number, I would call customer service to activate the SIM card or take it in to an AT&T corporate store if possible.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

9 years ago

How much does it cost to get your SIM card replaced.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.