Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
vtujfz's profile

Scholar

• 

163 Messages

Saturday, August 29th, 2009 7:28 AM

Closed

Refill and expiration date.

$15 expires in 30 days. 

$25 expires in 90 days.

I started my account today with $25.  This means that my minutes expire in 90 days.

What if I added $15 now?  Will I lose the 90 days expiration date and only have 30 days? 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

6.6K Messages

15 years ago

vtujfz wrote:

I didn't mean extend the expiration date. 

I got the $25 on August 28 so it will expire 90 days from August 28.

The $15 refill has an expiration date of 30 days.  So if I add $15 today, August 29, will my minutes expire 30 days from August 29? 

The way AT&T refills work is you always keep the latest date. For instance, if you add $100 the expiry date will be a year out. You can keep adding smaller amounts, the expiry date won't change. If the new expiry date is further in the future, then it'll update. So in your case, if you add $15 right now nothing will change, except the balance. If you add $15 a week before the original balance expires, you'll get 23 extra days.

Master

• 

5.1K Messages

15 years ago

@vtujfz wrote:

$15 expires in 30 days. 

$25 expires in 90 days.

I started my account today with $25.  This means that my minutes expire in 90 days.

What if I added $15 now?  Will I lose the 90 days expiration date and only have 30 days? 

If you added the $25 card initially, the account would be good for 90 days, even if you added the $15 card now.

Expert

• 

20.5K Messages

15 years ago

Unlike a Tracfone, if you added another card onto your's now, it would not extend your expiration date whereas Tracfone does.

Scholar

• 

163 Messages

15 years ago

@Dcookie wrote:
Unlike a Tracfone, if you added another card onto your's now, it would not extend your expiration date whereas Tracfone does.

I didn't mean extend the expiration date. 

I got the $25 on August 28 so it will expire 90 days from August 28.

The $15 refill has an expiration date of 30 days.  So if I add $15 today, August 29, will my minutes expire 30 days from August 29? 

Scholar

• 

163 Messages

15 years ago

Thanks.

ACE - Expert

• 

6.6K Messages

15 years ago

@vtujfz wrote:
Thanks.

You're welcome!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.