Recycle Deadline?

Contributor

Recycle Deadline?

Hi. I have a contract-free, pay-as-you-go cellphone. My feature plan is $25 for up to 250 minutes every 30 days. Since I am currently in China and won't use the phone for a while, I am wondering if my number will be recycled if I don't refill my account? How long does AT&T usually wait before they decide to recycle a number?

Thank you!

Message 1 of 4
Employee

Re: Recycle Deadline?

Usually ~ 2 months. For prepaid phones like it sounds like you have, I think this starts from your first day without services.

If I understand, you do have an option to buy more than one month at a time, in case it's important for you.

-Alex

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 4
Master

There is a 60 day "grace period" that exists even after your account expiration date. It preserves your phone number and all other account information for the time being. Should this period be exceeded, you will lose everything and must re-establish a new account with a new phone number.

Cat Happy Remember that Wild Banchi... 1993-2010 Cat Happy

Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
ACE - Guru

The main thing is,how much money left in your account now??

How much money you refill to your account before you go back to China??

Do you have the password with you to access your Gophone account online?

Is it a phone number you cannot afford to lost ??

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Login to your GoPhone Account to check your balance, report a lost or stolen phone and manage your service!

Additional Support