Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
jiha_fi's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, September 18th, 2008 3:16 PM

Closed

Prepaid without a phone?

Does anybody know if I can get prepaid plan without buying a phone. I come from Europe and have three well working phones. I don't need a new one...

Accepted Solution

Scholar

• 

332 Messages

16 years ago

Yes,you can. You have to go to an ATT store.I believe it costs $25. Take into account sometimes you can get a cheaper deal getting a new phone. I saw ,for instance, at Best Buy a prepaid package for $15 with a Motorola C168i. And you get a $10 bonus if you add $25 within 7 days of activation.That deal is better though you have to activate the SIM card in the ATT phone and use it at least once before switching the SIM into your old phones. 

Message Edited by pablocrego on 09-18-2008 08:47:04 AM

Message Edited by pablocrego on 09-18-2008 08:48:09 AM

Master

• 

5.9K Messages

16 years ago

A corporate at&t store may provide the SIM at no charge if you activate it and add funds to the account while in the store.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

16 years ago

Sorry, what does "corporate store" mean?

ACE - Expert

• 

6.6K Messages

16 years ago

@jiha_fi wrote:
Sorry, what does "corporate store" mean?

It's the store that is owned and operated by AT&T itself as opposed as one of the third party retailers selling AT&T phones, such as Parrot Cellular, Radio Shack, Target, Best Buy, etc.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.