Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
P_Houston's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, February 22nd, 2016 8:29 PM

Post paid plan?

I have an unlocked Samsung S3 (from AT&T). Is there a post paid plan - where i can get a new number (for my daughter to use) with this device and would only need to pay for the actual monthly usage - talk time or data usage?

Or will a prepaid card be good? Do i need to pay any monthly charges at all in either case?

Any other recommendations?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

8 years ago

Adding a line on Mobile share is only $15 - $25 a month.  Gophone plans also include the pay per use or per day option.  It's all math from here....

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

8 years ago

Pre paid is a good option (cheapest too)  because she can get 2 GBs of full speed data, then data at reduced speed, unlimited talk and text for $45 a month, less $5 if she uses the auto refil option.

https://www.att.com/shop/wireless/gophone-plans.html

Postpaid is only a benefit if you are adding her to your existing ATT plan and have enough data to share on a mobile share plan.

Other wise an individual postpaid plan is a minimum of $55, plus tax with only 500 MBs of data.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Thanks for your response @lizdance40. I will review the option to add a new line to my existing AT&T plan that my wife and i share. I was looking for something where our daughter may not need the phone on a daily basis at all - probably once in a while - so was weighing options to see if i really need to start an additional recurring monthly cost or not. 

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

8 years ago

Appreciate your responses - @lizdance40

Thanks!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

how can I open a post paid account

ACE - Sage

• 

117.1K Messages

6 years ago

@zandrad39  Shop at ATT,com or at your local ATT store.

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I need to share video with another at&t user

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.