Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
DaleGWI's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Sunday, October 14th, 2012 12:16 AM

Pay $50 to add $25 1GB data package?

I have the $25/month GoPhone plan.  I would like to add data to my son's phone so that he can download rings tones, music and check his email.  When I go to the "Buy Features" page and select the $25 data plan, I receive the following alert, "Your current balance is insufficient, you must have at least $25.00 to buy the Data 1GB Feature."  

So, do I need to spend $50 to get the $25 1GB package?  This just doesn't make sense and I was unable find an explanation anywhere in the forums.  Why does GoPhone make me feel stupid and frustrated?

Thanks for the help.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Professor

• 

1.8K Messages

11 years ago

@DaleGWI wrote:

I have the $25/month GoPhone plan.  I would like to add data to my son's phone so that he can download rings tones, music and check his email.  When I go to the "Buy Features" page and select the $25 data plan, I receive the following alert, "Your current balance is insufficient, you must have at least $25.00 to buy the Data 1GB Feature."  

So, do I need to spend $50 to get the $25 1GB package?  This just doesn't make sense and I was unable find an explanation anywhere in the forums.  Why does GoPhone make me feel stupid and frustrated?

Thanks for the help.

The $25/mo Gophone plan pays for talk and text. Data costs another $25. Taxes could be extra depending on which state you live in.

ACE - Professor

• 

1.7K Messages

11 years ago

The answer are very simple, $25/month is what AT&T charge you for service.
That's not cover the tax and service charge that some state going to charge you for using a cell phone.

That's why you don't have enough money to buy the $25 1 GB data package.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

11 years ago

I ended up adding the $15 worth of data and AT&T added applicable taxes.  Thanks for the info.  

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.