Paid for $60 plan but received the $40 plan instead

Contributor

Paid for $60 plan but received the $40 plan instead

[ Edited ]

I recently started to use go phone plans and the first month of usage I chose the $40 prepaid plan. So, I determined that the data was not enough for me so now I wanted to pick the $60 plan. I purposely waited for the $40 plan month (March to April) to end so it wouldn't renew. Today I purchased the $60 card plan and added it to my account so I could get the 2.5GB data, however upon entering the code and checking my account, I saw I only received the $40 plan. I want the $60 plan that's why I spent $60, I don't want $40 with $20 balance on my account.

Can someone from AT&T help to fix this? The $60 I spent on the card plan was for the $60 plan, not the $40 one.

Please help! I purchased the card today (30 minutes ago)

Message 1 of 4 (992 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Professor
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jon_Con
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: Paid for $60 plan but received the $40 plan instead

Jon_Con wrote:

I recently started to use go phone plans and the first month of usage I chose the $40 prepaid plan. So, I determined that the data was not enough for me so now I wanted to pick the $60 plan. I purposely waited for the $40 plan month (March to April) to end so it wouldn't renew. Today I purchased the $60 card plan and added it to my account so I could get the 2.5GB data, however upon entering the code and checking my account, I saw I only received the $40 plan. I want the $60 plan that's why I spent $60, I don't want $40 with $20 balance on my account.

Can someone from AT&T help to fix this? The $60 I spent on the card plan was for the $60 plan, not the $40 one.

Please help! I purchased the card today (30 minutes ago)

It appears you will need to contact Customer Care to change your plan. Be advised, from my searching, the first plan change is at no charge, but further Go Phone plan changes will result in a $10 fee. 

Here's a thread with some more information:

http://forums.att.com/t5/Prepaid/change-gophone-rate-plan-online/m-p/3514765#M45336

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4 (941 Views)
Contributor

Thank you, I just did that and fortunately that was my first rate plan change. Thanks again!
Message 3 of 4 (915 Views)
ACE - Professor

Jon_Con wrote:
Thank you, I just did that and fortunately that was my first rate plan change. Thanks again!

Glad it helped! Feel free to stop by the forums anytime...there's lots of great folks here ready to help!

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4 (882 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.