Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
Eileen89's profile

Master

• 

5.1K Messages

Tuesday, January 27th, 2009 2:16 PM

Closed

New AT&T GoPhone PAYG and PYP Data Plans Surface:

PhoneNews.com can confirm new data plans going forward for AT&T GoPhone customers on Pay As You Go and Pick Your Plan.

Beginning early next month, customers will be able to choose between the 1MB option for $4.99 and 100MB for $19.99 but AT&T has decided to eliminate the $9.99 5 MB option from the new offerings for unknown reasons.

Customers with the 5 MB plan on Pick Your Plan now can continue to add the plan as they will be grandfathered in, but new Pay As you Go and Pick Your Plan customers will be forced to choose between the 1 MB and 100 MB plans  after February 3rd as renewal of the 5 MB on Pay As You Go will not be possible afterwards.

Current first generation iPhone customers will still be able to add unlimited data access on Pick Your Plan service for the time being according to the latest internal communication from call center representatives, though the company has not finalized any unlimited data access changes for first gen iPhone users on Pick Your Plan.

More info here: Phonenews.com

Accepted Solution

Master

• 

5.1K Messages

15 years ago

The new data plan is now available in the system. I added it to my account today, with no trouble. The message at the end of my order said if I added a new feature package before the expiration date, all unused portions would roll over.

The new 100MB data plan is now showing up on the PAYG site as well:

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/cell-phone-plans/prepaid-feature-packages.jsp

My Account history:
Feature Package Charge:
Date: 02/03/2009
Description Media Net Package - 100MB/$19.99
Amount: $19.99
Feature Data

Contributor

• 

1 Message

15 years ago

This is great news. As a foreigner using GoPhone with an unlocked iPhone when visiting US the $10/5MB add-on was utterly useless. Last time I spent almost $300 in less than a week. 

Has this been confirmed by ATT? 

Tutor

• 

12 Messages

15 years ago

this is good news.  One question I have, which wasn't ever satisfactorily answered in the MediaNet forum is whether unused data can roll over.  There was some disagreement on this point in the other forum.  I am hoping that if I buy a 100 MB plan and only use 40 MB that when I get another 100 MB plan the next month, I'll have 160 MB to use. 

Do current 1 and 5 MB plans rollover? or does the data expire if you don't use it all in 30 days, even if you get another package?

I guess I can find out for sure next week.

Master

• 

5.1K Messages

15 years ago

@mikkelsvane wrote:

Has this been confirmed by ATT? 

While there has been no official news posted on AT&T's website, I have spoken to a Go Phone Rep. who said that the 5MB package was ending next month, and there will be another data package added at a higher price point. If I recall correctly, when the $19.99 unlimited data package ended many people, including myself were not given any warning, other than what we read online  from sites such as this one.

Master

• 

5.1K Messages

15 years ago

@aspenboy wrote:

Do current 1 and 5 MB plans rollover? or does the data expire if you don't use it all in 30 days, even if you get another package?

Yes. All unused data from the 1MB, and 5MB data package do roll over to the next month, as long as you add another package to your account, before your current data package expires.......(Example from my own account): on 1/2  I started out with 5.9mb. On 1/27 my account was down to 2.7mb, so I added 1mb, which brought my balance up to 3.7mb...... This means the data that I had left did roll over to the next 30 day period.

From AT&T's website:

Renew before your package expires and any unused service will roll over to your new date.  http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-phone-service/cell-phone-plans/prepaid-feature-packages.jsp

Message Edited by Irish Rose on 01-28-2009 04:26:49 PM

Teacher

• 

19 Messages

15 years ago

Why dosen't  AT&T inform there customers when they make changes to their service. They could send a letter or a text message to tell them of changes. Especially when they elliminate a service.

Master

• 

5.1K Messages

15 years ago

@LekaLeka wrote:

Why dosen't  AT&T inform there customers when they make changes to their service. They could send a letter or a text message to tell them of changes. Especially when they elliminate a service.

This is a question that MANY prepaid customers would like an answer to. AT&T has very good customer service, but when it comes to informing their customers of any changes before they happen, they have failed once again. Take these new data plan changes for example, they are set to start on Feb. 3rd. However, was anyone notified of such a change via their website, or a simple text message? NO!!!!!

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

15 years ago

I really hope you're right, this'll restore some faith in me towards AT&T if they do enable this. Guess we'll see on Tuesday.

Master

• 

5.1K Messages

15 years ago

@agentdax5 wrote:
I really hope you're right, this'll restore some faith in me towards AT&T if they do enable this. Guess we'll see on Tuesday.

It must be true, otherwise this new $19.99 feature card wouldn't say "100MB Media Net Web Browsing" at the bottom of it.

(This picture was taken by Scottish Skyeandce, of HF.)

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

15 years ago

I have a question. Say I were to buy 100MB feature package for $19.99 on March 1, then what if I only used 50MB of the 100MB and I decided not to buy the feature package again on April 1. What would happen to the leftover 50MBs? And could you buy like two of the feature cards so you could have 200MB? Or does it not work that way? I'm quite fine that a 100MB plan is being released, however.

Thanks.

- Alex

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.