Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
justfallapart's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Saturday, March 31st, 2012 5:25 AM

Lost phone & SIM, can I still keep same number?

I recently lost my phone and SIM along with it with pretty much no hope of finding it again. I just bought a new phone & SIM, is it possible to keep my same phone number? Or should I cancel my Go Phone account (using my BB Bold 9900) and just set up a new account with my new phone? Not sure how this works. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Employee

• 

372 Messages

12 years ago

You just call att and explain that you lost your phone and sim and need to activate a new one for your same number. As long as the gophone account is active no worries. ( and by active, I mean not cancelled, if you suspended it for lost/stolen, which you should do if you don't have device or sim, but suspended for lost/stolen is okay)

Professor

• 

2.4K Messages

12 years ago

just go buy a new phone, grab a new SIM and you'll be able to keep your number

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

12 years ago

Even if I am just using Pay As You Go plan with a regular 3G/4G capable SIM (Not GoPhone branded SIM)? Once my phone and SIM arrive in the mail, how do I make it so I still have my same number once I activate my new SIM with my new phone? Is there anything I have to do? 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I need to deactivate lost GoPhone now!At&t isnt open for business until 7am

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Kn1969 You really should open a new thread, but either way, the answer is the same.  By getting a new, activated SIM, your old one will no longer work.

If you need to lock/erase the old phone, that's a per-OS thing, usually done through a website, depending on the OS (not AT&T's site, typically it's the OS or phone manufacturer/distributor).

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

I no longer want the GoPhone account as i now have a plan and believe someone has found my phone and is using it now

Master

• 

3.5K Messages

7 years ago

@Kn1969Okay, simple enough, log into your account and disable the SIM/device.

If you want the number, don't completely shut it down, until you have ported it to another service.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.