Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
4moonglow's profile

Mentor

• 

26 Messages

Wednesday, August 15th, 2012 7:47 PM

LG Thrive questions

i have an lg thrive, my first smart phone, which i am really enjoying, with the exception of a couple of things that i would like explained. 

a few times, i have downloaded apps from "google play" ... both from the main screen of my phone & from the website.  i used these apps & they have worked as expected.  then suddenly, some of them disappear.  so, i pay the data fees used to download them again & reinstall ... again they work great, then i notice that some of them disappeared.  so, i download an app to backup apps, so i can reinstall, only to find that when i try to reinstall from this backup app, i get the message - "install blocked.  for security, your phone is set to block installation of applications not obtained from android market."   this is getting a bit old ...

any input, suggestions??  i am looking forward to hearing from you ... thank you, in advance.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Scholar

• 

57 Messages

12 years ago

@4moonglow wrote:

i have an lg thrive, my first smart phone, which i am really enjoying, with the exception of a couple of things that i would like explained. 

a few times, i have downloaded apps from "google play" ... both from the main screen of my phone & from the website.  i used these apps & they have worked as expected.  then suddenly, some of them disappear.  so, i pay the data fees used to download them again & reinstall ... again they work great, then i notice that some of them disappeared.  so, i download an app to backup apps, so i can reinstall, only to find that when i try to reinstall from this backup app, i get the message - "install blocked.  for security, your phone is set to block installation of applications not obtained from android market."   this is getting a bit old ...

any input, suggestions??  i am looking forward to hearing from you ... thank you, in advance.

I have lost apps that I had downloaded many times and always went through the same reinstall. I found another solution that takes less time. If you unseat the SD card and then reseat it, the lost apps reappear. It works for me. As far as the security issue using a backup app, I cannot answer. 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Explorer

• 

6 Messages

12 years ago

Try going to Settings/Applications and check the option marked "Unknown Sources".  This is checked on mine, and I don't have the problems you are having.

Mentor

• 

26 Messages

12 years ago

thank you, wdsnis.

Mentor

• 

26 Messages

12 years ago

thank you, CriGllsp.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.