Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
rcblevins's profile

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, December 14th, 2011 6:36 AM

LG Thrill be used on Prepaid?

My wife and I currently have one regular individual line. She will be going out of town in 2 weeks for 2 months. (Stil within the US) Instead of adding another line, we have decided to do prepaid. My question is, we have a LG Thrill, it is NOT under any sort of contract. It is used on my regular line when she uses my phone. The phone came from AT&T and was got by me.

I hate the phone and will not be using it while she is gone, i prefer simple phones. But she wants to use it while she is away with prepaid service. (I will be using my Nokia C3 (last year around THanksgiving I was out of town and the RAM went bad in my Tilt2 and my only option was to purchase this phone until I could get back home), touchscreens are not my thing). Is it possible to purchase a SIM and prepaid plan and her use this phone while she is away? She doesnt care persay about data but will get the plan for data if required.

Long question simple: Can we use this phone with prepaid service?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Master

• 

10.2K Messages

12 years ago

Yes, your wife may take advantage of using a Thrill on a prepaid GoPhone plan. Once the SIM is delivered to you, you/she can activate it yourselves (very simple) and she will be able to select a rate plan she'd like to use for the time being during the activation process.

You should not run into any problems.

Good luck and enjoy!

Scholar

• 

346 Messages

12 years ago

@rcblevins wrote:

Long question simple: Can we use this phone with prepaid service?

AT&T GoPhone prepaid, yeah sure. T-Mobile or other GSM carriers, not unless you unlock the phone.

Voyager

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

It would be used on the AT&T network, I have been an AT&T customer for over 7 years, I never plan to change that.  Since her trip is only 2 months prepaid was our best option I am glad she gets to use her crazy techy phone because I sure did not want to be stuck having to use it while she used the other.  Thank you for the response.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.