Get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data for $40/mo. when you sign up for AutoPay. Plus, Mexico & Canada included!
Romane's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, May 28th, 2014 2:52 PM

How to unlock my go phone device without a SSN?

Hi 

I've been a student in NY state for a year, and I bought a gophone plan with a NOkia Lumia 520 in August 2013. I'm going back to France for a while this summer, and I would like to unlock my phone. As a foreigner, I do not have a Social Security Number, but I was confirmed I could unlock my phone.

However, the online form for unlocking requires a SSN.

Could you please help me?

Best

R

Scholar

• 

185 Messages

10 years ago

You can call customer of att and request the unlock code with the representative over the phone.

Also, when you make the request on the unlocking website, there's a tab where you can choose postpaid, or prepaid, so choose the prepaid option, and you will just need to provide the phone number and the imei number. And wait to see how it goes.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

My SIM card is block I need puk code but the phone number that I have on my cell dose not exit no more how do I get a new one or reactivate the number again update it .. It haven't been uses for a long time

Scholar

• 

185 Messages

10 years ago

You will have to get a new sim card in att cor(company owned retailer) store. They won't charge you a fee for replacing a sim card. But make sure you bring your phone with you.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.